ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Wasteland

Wasteland

I know this drawing is dismal but I just drew what I was feeling. 4 of our oldest, most loved rats died along with Clyde, one of my ferrets, and all in a 2 day period. My wife has been having a neurological problem since July of last year that has been totally messing up our lives. To make it worse our internet at home is messed up until Friday and I can get the stuff to fix it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wasteland.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	145.7 KB 
ID:	75305

The last time I kept an open mind,
    my brain fell out and the dog grabbed it.
    Now it's full of dirt, toothmarks, and dog slobber.
    No more open minds or dogs for me.www.gms9810.com/

Very different perspective and I like how you painted that mountain top and the way you did the clouds. Has a little metalic silver paint feel on the cloud. I like it very much. Make me think of those ice glacier period

So sorry to hear you are going through such a tough time, dear gms. You have certainly expressed yourself through this painting. To me, it gleams with hope, that above the clouds the sun is still shining. My thoughts and prayers are with you, that you will come through this period and into the lighter times again. Your creativity and skill amazes me!
    My personal blog Slices of my life.

I'm very sad to hear things are a bit dark and difficult for you, and your wife's health, and hope all will improve soon for you both. Losing loved animals is miserable, as I can attest, but they don't live as long as we do, and we will have to suffer their loss at some stage. Losing a bunch of them like must be very traumatic.

Your painting is from the heart and they are often the best. I will be waiting for one from you next that is more cheerful!!

Gms9810,
    You have nooooo idea how telling this forlorn painting is because it truly represents the way
    I've been feeling for the last 3 months in not being able to access our Art Rage forums due
    to ongoing computer problems.
    If EVER there was an emotion on canvas that aptly represents my technical banishment from
    Art Rage, your telling work of art aptly evokes the somber mood. Well painted!
    Mairzie Dotes

i like your mountain, it gives me a great feeling

GMS, I am sorry to read about your wife and the loss of your pets. Keep on painting though, it is a great way to heal.

I'm sorry about all the turmoil in your life doesn't make things easy but Your painting is very nice

Sorry about your pets. Yeah, the message gets through in this work.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream