ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: The Midsummer Station: Your thoughts?

Question The Midsummer Station: Your thoughts?

Hi, I'm relatively new to the ArtRage stuff, getting my Wacom Pad a couple months back. I was just wondering what you thought of one of my artworks.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	themidsummerstation.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	268.2 KB 
ID:	75300

Any critiques? Any thoughts?

Got a home spun feel. I like the overall feel. The colors are really nice and feel like anime.

Is this for the backside of a jewel case album cover? If so, it's appropriate to have track listings. There would be certain things you would want to list. It's not common to list tracks on the front. But if it's a promotional piece of art, it's nice. You would want more personal info like how to be contacted and so forth.

But that's all mechanical stuff (all of which take up space) that you would want to consider when you finally get into it and clarify the use of this including it being something of an introduction of who you are to the world. Are you a solo musician? What style is it? What do you play. . . etc. There are several ways that info can be conveyed. But any time you want to approach a visual communication but of art, it needs to be thought through all the things you want it to do for you. This looks like a mighty good starting point.

I do like the mood. You have a lot of good stuff happening. Best success with it!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

It would catch my eye and I like the clean look to it

I think it is really effective, though Mr Akey is right about the track names on the front..... if that's what you are doing. The artwork is excellent. I like the reflected letters of Owl City, the feeling of something (planet maybe?) in the atmosphere behind, and the character is well drawn. Great effort!

I think it's great work. Has comic cover and graphic feel to me. I like the fonts and color you used here. Hope you continue have fun with Artrage and show us more of your creations