ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Real beginner please help.

Real beginner please help.

hi everybody,

basically im trying to cut round images and then import over the top of things.

so for example I have a pic of a skull from Google and its in a square with black background, I have a rose off Google with loads of leaves and stuff in the background, now I want to cut out the rose by itself and then layer it over the bottom corner of the skull so it overlaps slightly and the rose is on top of the skull but without all the background.. I have also tried on photoshop and im about ready to give up on digital art, cheers in advance.

by the way I am unable to cut out the images in any way, and also unable to move them around. so if you could explain step by step that would be great thanks

This video demonstrates how to use the selection tool to select an area of the image. Since you're doing a collage, you'll need to first import the larger of the two images into ArtRage (using File > Import Image File...), and then import the other image as a layer (using File > Import Image File to Layer...). Move the layer for whichever image need to be in front to the top of the layer stack (left click on the layer and drag it up). Then use the selection tool (as shown in the video) to select the portion of the rose you want removed from the background, copy the selection and paste it to a new layer. Hide the original layer, and you're ready to move the flower using the Transform tool.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Thanks alot!