ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lighthouse

Lighthouse

This started off as an experiment with symmetry tool. Then I used the colors and shapes made to create a seascape. Finished it by adding our national flag of PR incorporated into the land mass. Inspired by the many artists here that have use the flag into their artworks, very symbolic to me of the times and tribulations here. Trying to hide signature.... AR4
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lighthouse.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	172.0 KB 
ID:	75263  
    Last edited by Tonyjazz; 04-28-2013 at 03:35 PM.

I feel pride of place from this and I'm not even Puerto Rican. Brilliant. Very strong message. Nice use of technique like palette knife as a counterpoint to the finer done detailed work. Implies range. And of course the lighthouse is a call to beware and not crack up on the rocks.

A good message in a turbulent time. This time it isn't the weather or sea that is causing the hazard to life and property. So you made some good choices to say your peace.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Well Tony this is really neat, love the detail of the lighthouse, the use of the flag and the sea that you always do so well.
    Geoff

I particularly like the spray on the sea, and the sky. The whole image is very pleasing.
    My personal blog Slices of my life.

Fantastic work on the sea, awesome squirts of water and foam ... I actually got a taste of salt from licking the screen ...

Quote Originally Posted by Z1Xwitch View Post
    Fantastic work on the sea, awesome squirts of water and foam ... I actually got a taste of salt from licking the screen ...
    Sounds like you really really like salsa. Either that or this one is to repeat at the Christmas Party.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Sounds like you really really like salsa. Either that or this one is to repeat at the Christmas Party.
    I just keep wondering why the local art gallery won't let me browse there anymore... something about their insurance not covering drool-damage...
    ... uh did you say Christmas party?

A really beautiful painting, Tony

Quote Originally Posted by Z1Xwitch View Post
    I just keep wondering why the local art gallery won't let me browse there anymore... something about their insurance not covering drool-damage...
    ... uh did you say Christmas party?
    Heh. Well I meant to say the Winter Solstice bash. . . the end-of-year company party where they show the year's bloopers. Seems that monitor licking could qualify.

I love that how you made used of the tools to create this such beautiful seascape and lighthouse. Very creative. I like looking at how you did it. So inspiring too. Love the clouds you painted and the sea foam too.