ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Is there a "classic view" option for Settings Panel in AR 4.0?

Is there a "classic view" option for Settings Panel in AR 4.0?

I just upgraded to ArtRage 4.0.2 yesterday and am getting used to the new UI ... but I'm missing the more graphical display used in the Settings Panel from AR Studio Pro (ArtRage 3.5.5). Personally, I found the "dials/gauges" easier to quickly read and change. I'm wondering if there is an option within AR 4 that allows the user to switch back to "classic view" ... or if something like this is in the works for future updates.
    Otherwise, I'm enjoying the other new features and looking forward to incorporating them into my workflow.
    Regards,
    Jack

Sadly there is no such option in AR4
    Like you I preferred the old dials, they had cretin charm about them too...
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

I wish they had a feature to revert to the 2.6 version interface. It was better thought out than versions 3-4. The classic interface took less screen space and responded much more quickly to tablet gestures. It did not get in the way of painting (which is what a good UI should do) and was less distracting in terms of color and size of the palettes.

We did try the original ArtRage 2 side tray UI for 3 but after a lot of work on permutations we decided that the additional features and settings made it unfeasible and we opted for a model that would also be suitable for people working on multiple monitors and in touchscreen environments. The new Workbench mode in 4 however is designed to work in a collapsed environment that replaces the Persistent But Small UI of 2 with a Larger But Ephemeral model. The dials were removed for a bunch of reasons relating to general usability as we adjusted the settings panel.

If you want to remove colour from the main panels you can set the UI tint to grey.

Speed of gesture handling should be the same or better in later versions as well so there may be a system level thing there causing a problem. If gestures are slow, drop us a note at support@artrage.com with a description of the problem and we can look in to it.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Quote Originally Posted by markw View Post
    ... they had cretin charm about them too...
    LOL! I see someone else is struggling with their damn Mac spellchecker :-)
    Visit my gallery here.

=========

Hehe
    well spoted hpotaxis I never noticed
    I think computers sometimes get board and this is how they entertain themselves at our expense!
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)