ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: How do I clean the brush in workbench mode?

Question How do I clean the brush in workbench mode?

In the normal UI mode, when I'm using the oil brush not marked to auto clean itself, a little glass of water shows up on the interface so I can click it and clean the brush. However, in workbench mode, which I use most often, I can't find how to add that glass of water to my workbench or a shortcut key or anything that will allow me to clean the brush.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Now that's a very good question!?
    I never noticed it's Workbench absence before as I pretty much always have Auto-Clean on.
    You know, I suspect it just got overlooked!
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

As an effective workaround, I've just added a keyboard shortcut for it!
    Go to Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts… In the window that opens go down to 'General Commands' where you can set a command for 'Clean Brush'.
    I set mine as Shift+Z
    Name:  Screen shot 2013-04-25 at 17.28.27.png
Views: 289
Size:  62.1 KB
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by markw View Post
    As an effective workaround, I've just added a keyboard shortcut for it!
    Brilliant, markw. Thank you much! I prefer the keyboard shortcuts to clicking an icon anyway. (That is until I decide to get a Windows tablet computer at which time I really hope ArtRage makes a more finger-friendly interface.)

For working on a slate tablet, you might want to check out my Pen-Only Toolbar add on-- the link is in my sig. It's free and designed to make Artrage more friendly for someone without a keyboard. Sounds exactly like the usage you're pondering.
    Check out and submit to the thread on Watercolor WIPs in Artrage-- lots of good tips and conversation
    My YouTube video tutorial series- How to Paint with Watercolors in Artrage
    Try out the free
    Artrage Pen-Only Toolbar to improve your workflow and reduce clutter
    List of other good tutorials on using watercolors in Artrage
    List of good sticker sprays for watercolor effects in Artrage

My blog- art, poetry and picture books- http://www.seamlessexpression.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    For working on a slate tablet, you might want to check out my Pen-Only Toolbar add on-- the link is in my sig. It's free and designed to make Artrage more friendly for someone without a keyboard. Sounds exactly like the usage you're pondering.
    That plugin looks well done. Will have to try it out. Thanks!