ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Cyclopean Squid.

The Cyclopean Squid.

First, I'm a new user both to the forum and ArtRage... I love this little program; It bestows upon you a degree of freedom that more expensive programs take away just by being so complex... my wife had to "accidentally" kick the power cable off the plug yesterday to pry me away from the computer.

Here is my first humble contribution to the Gallery, I like squids a lot... A LOT... it borders on unhealthy obsession sometimes. :

I'm still blindly probing my way around the program... how comes we don't have a selection tool?

I know the type of ship may be slightly out of place for such a tropical setting, but I hadn't had the chance to paint a longship before, and if I had done a galleon or something like that instead, it would have ended looking too much like THAT movie...

Anyway, it's nice to see so many talented people here...

Thanks for looking and have a nice day!
    Ever tried? Ever failed? No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. -S. Beckett

more squids more squids more squids...very cool. I like the water.

Bill

Welcome Loki - Awesome squid! :shock: Great job for your first post. Keep painting!
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day - Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day! Joe V.

Hi Loki,

Welcome to the forum. That's an interesting giant squid and the color is sharp too. I like it. You did a very nice first one. I am also new to AR. Hope to see more of your work.

Loki.......hello... welcome to our little world of paintings,nice to see you posting your work already...this is a good painting,and from it I see you are already an artist.....you will get better and better with Artrage, we have all improved since finding it and using it...keep on painting and posting,the feedback you get from other Artists will make you want to do more....looking forward to seeing more of your stuff Loki,......Jack.
    http://jacktar51.cgsociety.org/
    Some of my artwork can be seen at the above link.......Jack.

Stunning illustration. That's an awesome style.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Cool! That ship looks like it's in a bit of trouble You can't go wrong with squids, man. They rock!
    Hi!

Wacom Graphire2, ArtRage2 Free Edition

Haha. . . Now there's something that Leif and the Argonauts forgot to mention in their adventures. Look for the heel. . . oh, they don't have heels. . .

Well, Lief, old bean, who ya gonna call?

Very fun image, with a perfect technique. Very clear, which makes the story you're depicting very accessible.

Kids would love it. Bright and colorful.

Nice one.

lovely style loki and beautiful bright colours

Selby
    "I like to have a thing suggested rather than told in full. When every detail is given, the mind rests satisfied, and the imagination loses the desire to use its own wings."
    ~Thomas Bailey Aldrich~

Thank you all for your kind comments... Usually I'm kind of shunned because of both my style and selection of subjects... In general people prefer more realistic styles and traditional subjects like flowers, horses and ceramic pots... but I chose to walk a different path.

Artrage is such a fun program!
    Ever tried? Ever failed? No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. -S. Beckett