ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Lock brush size option - please

Lock brush size option - please

Hello,

I noticed that in AR4 the oil brush is starting to change size according to the stylus pressure. This is a good add but please do also understand the nature of square brushes- they usually have a fixed size rather than having a 'tip'.

I therefore think there should be an option to lock the brush size of a square oil brush.

Quote Originally Posted by gb_whisper View Post

I therefore think there should be an option to lock the brush size of a square oil brush.
    You can lock the size of the Oil Brush using the Stylus Properties panel. See the attached screen shot for how to open it. In my screen shot, you'll see I have two of the panels shown. The one labeled "A", is what you'll most likely see when you open it the first time. The one labeled "B" is the one I've changed. Notice that I've removed the option for the Pen Pressure. These changes are saved within presets, so you can make sets with and without pressure.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stylusproperties.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	109.6 KB 
ID:	75146
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Quote Originally Posted by Someonesane View Post
    You can lock the size of the Oil Brush using the Stylus Properties panel. See the attached screen shot for how to open it. In my screen shot, you'll see I have two of the panels shown. The one labeled "A", is what you'll most likely see when you open it the first time. The one labeled "B" is the one I've changed. Notice that I've removed the option for the Pen Pressure. These changes are saved within presets, so you can make sets with and without pressure.
    Thank you, Someonesane. I found that and it works great.

However if if turn off the 'Square Head' option the round tip will lose its pressure sensitivity as well. I still miss what's in AR3 that a square brush is by default (and by its nature) size-locked. So I though if it is a good idea to add a quick 'Size Lock' tickbox.