ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: stealing the sun

stealing the sun

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	final sun dragon_20130420032425428 (1).jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	227.7 KB 
ID:	75109

I created this digital painting to try out my new MS Surface Pro. I have loved dragons since I was a kid. They project the ideas of fierce power and freedom. This dragon is an extension of the ancient sky surfer's mind. Through his third eye, he has monitored the mortals since the beginnings of civilization. As punishment for mankind's neglect of the earth he decided to steal the sun.

Great dragon scales! Neat design. Love the dragon's head. I see this standing master figure and feel like I should be cringing in terror! A heroic image next is called for I should think. Need to steal it back.

Unless you have a reason to do so, like self promotion or something you may want to tone down your signature. It outshines the sun you might say.
    Last edited by D Akey; 04-21-2013 at 06:45 AM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thanks so much! This is my first time using ArtRage and it's working out beautifully!

Nice job, really well done,looks like your going to be pleased with your new machine.
    Geoff

Tells the story beautifully! I love the sun in the claws!

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Great dragon scales! Neat design. Love the dragon's head. I see this standing master figure and feel like I should be cringing in terror! A heroic image next is called for I should think. Need to steal it back.

Unless you have a reason to do so, like self promotion or something you may want to tone down your signature. It outshines the sun you might say.
    haha! You're so right about the signature...Without thinking, I threw it on there last minute in the excitement of finishing my first digital piece in a while. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by copespeak View Post
    Tells the story beautifully! I love the sun in the claws!
    Thank you. I'm glad because I needed an illustration piece for my portfolio, and I think I want this to be it.

Quote Originally Posted by limey-g View Post
    Nice job, really well done,looks like your going to be pleased with your new machine.
    Geoff
    I am very pleased...It's so nice to have this type of tool in such a convenient mobile form! Now I can do really cool digital artwork wherever I am.

The dragon has an ancient asia fantasy style. love it. even the character rides on it made me thinking some chinese dragons mythology i used to read a lot as a kid at library. great painting