ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: A Face

A Face

I have been playing around with using the paint tube and some glitter. It is interesting that you can basically sculpt with those tools. I used the knife with various settings along with the pencil and some stickers. I know it isn't the greatest rendition of a face, but it has been interesting seeing what can be done.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Experiment with paint tube.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	100.8 KB 
ID:	75099  

Awesome ... I have been playing around with the "sculpting" technique too .. I found that using layers with different bump blend modes, really helps out .. but it's a little tricky to master.
    Good work

Z1Xwitch, I too had used several layers with individual elements. I experimented with the different settings for the knife to smooth out parts of the face. The one area I wasn't too happy with was the eye lids. Oh well, next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbi View Post
    Z1Xwitch, I too had used several layers with individual elements. I experimented with the different settings for the knife to smooth out parts of the face. The one area I wasn't too happy with was the eye lids. Oh well, next time.
    Still, it looks great .. it's kinda hard to get those high bumps looking good, like you did.
    I often use a pencil with different settings on the tilt-angle etc, on top of a highly bumped layer.. I find that it's more precise to work with, than the knife .. Often the knife goes totally berserk on me, and cuts too deep.

I have to agree with you about using the knife. It takes a lot of patience with the settings. Keep working at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbi View Post
    I have to agree with you about using the knife. It takes a lot of patience with the settings. Keep working at it.
    Yeah.. I'm not a patient man, so I actually gave up on it in the end, and figured I needed to find, and use a true 3D-sculpting program instead .. so I ended up working in Sculptris .. and actually doing, and importing bitmaps from ArtRage