ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Fruit bowl

Fruit bowl

This has taken me absolutely ages, I am not great at painting, tend to stick to chalk, but lately I have been trying to work on watercolour. I have watched the tutorials by someonesane, and Stephen Berry (many thanks to them). I used the gradient tool, and did a mask for each fruit, I also tried to use the sticker tool etc. I still haven't got to grips with the clone tool yet, but I will have to practise. I am quite pleased with it, but feel free to comment and give advice, just be kind.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FRUIT BOWL.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	69.1 KB 
ID:	75031  

your effort and patience paid off. i am not good in real life painting like this, to me, this is awesome painted with great details and colorful too. feel like i want to just grap all and have them now as it looks so juicy and delicious

hey gepocock,

Ur fruit is nicely done , great job ,

the bowl i really like so perfect .

I think you have made a fine piece of artwork here, the bowl of fruit is a classic and you have brought amazing brightness to it. I'm especially fond of the apple and the kiwi. I love the vibrant colors and details, it makes me believe the fruit is probably the tastiest ever... Now I totally want to bake a pie... there goes my diet.

If I were to offer any suggestions, and it's a tiny suggestion. I would only suggest that you consider a bit more shading on the fruit in some areas inside the bowl. You have a light source, as the beautiful bowl shows us, but I do not see much shading in the fruit. Take a second look at your light source and the shading of the fruit. If you were to fiddle just a teensy bit more and play with the shading. This would be even more fantastic than it is. I can tell you put a lot of effort and work into this piece and it definitely shows.

Thanks for sharing it with us. The word critique is such a scary word to folks, I hope that I haven't scared you off.

hi looks great but take note what Mags said, is that a Welsh Kiwi they never get like that in my shop, the top rim of the bowl looks sharp but that might be my eyes

keep painting