ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BAD NEWS: Boston Marathon Bombings

Question BAD NEWS: Boston Marathon Bombings

Hi Guys,

If you have not heard the news......2 bombs went off at the finish line in the Boston Marathon Killing 12 (so far) and injuring over 50 people.
    April 15

The police say 4 bombs were there but 2 failed to go off and were disarmed. This is BAD NEWS... I personally had friends in that race. I am waiting to hear if they were injured or killed....so sad.

Just thought you may want to made aware of it......and perhaps say a prayer for all of those innocent people.

Indeed. . . Hope your friends are okay.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

We've just been watching it on TV. Absolutely awful.... Words cannot describe the sadness we all feel.

Why do you say 12 killed?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbyray View Post
    Hi Guys,

If you have not heard the news......2 bombs went off at the finish line in the Boston Marathon Killing 12 (so far) and injuring over 50 people.
    April 15

The police say 4 bombs were there but 2 failed to go off and were disarmed. This is BAD NEWS... I personally had friends in that race. I am waiting to hear if they were injured or killed....so sad.

Just thought you may want to made aware of it......and perhaps say a prayer for all of those innocent people.

we've heard 3 here. How are you getting your news? where are you?

Hope your friends are safe and well Bobbyray and prayers go out to all in this dreaful time.
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Sympathy

I remember the decades of bombings by the IRA - whole busloads of families blown up, Warrington, Enniskillen and the list goes on. Then the Islamic led bombings, and it became thoroughly dangerous to visit London at key times, when you just knew you would be a target. Although the IRA was funded by misguided would be Irish patriots. It is always the innocent who get hurt, so my sincere sympaty to those who have been hurt by this terrible crime.

Hi All
    My friends are ok....whew. Yes, the 12 deaths were reported on a News site at the first but changed to 2 and then 3. As always in reporting live, things get rather confusing and incorrect reports are always given. I am happy it was wrong. I am very sad that any people were killed or injured. This was an attack on all people as it was an international event with runners from all over the world and not just Americans they targeted. The next race is in London and soon and they are preparing for anything. I only hope it works there.

I just got this from the New York Post...... http://www.nypost.com/p/news/nationa...9uC2PDGIjYBalO

It states 12 dead..... so, what is going on here? It is Tue am. All other news say 3 died. You see the mainstream news media is still confused.

12 or 3.

Since I have family and friends in Beans, the number matters some. I haven't heard of any more casualties.
    I have heard that the bomb was made with a pressure cooker. How does anyone work it out in their head
    that it's ok to kill - under any level/circumstance? (I know, I know of the 'popular' reasons, I just don't know if
    I ever could).

Do we still remember the Golden Rule???

Quote Originally Posted by colorfrk View Post
    Do we still remember the Golden Rule???
    Some live by it. . . as you well know. Would that it were universal.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream