ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Toolbox bug with ArtRage 4

Toolbox bug with ArtRage 4

I have the full version of ArtRage 4 for Windows (version 4.0.2).
    If you select 'Show samples with names' in the toolbox, it shows a gray box over the samples.
    This shows the following screenshot.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	toolbox bug_3.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	151.9 KB 
ID:	74963

Well that is odd?!
    Not seeing that at all on my Mac. Has it always done that on your PC or has it only just started doing it?
    If its only just started happening have you tried shutting down and then restarting? Maybe something in AR or your system didn't load correctly.
    Sorry I can't be more helpful.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

Seems to be working fine on my V4.2 on Windows

Name:  paint samples.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  65.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by justjean View Post
    Seems to be working fine on my V4.2 on Windows
    I mean Toolbox. Color Samples functioning properly.
    Last edited by petrnita; 04-14-2013 at 04:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by markw View Post
    Well that is odd?!
    Not seeing that at all on my Mac. Has it always done that on your PC or has it only just started doing it?
    If its only just started happening have you tried shutting down and then restarting? Maybe something in AR or your system didn't load correctly.
    Sorry I can't be more helpful.
    The error occurs at the time when I found him. ArtRage run many times since then and nothing has changed.
    Last edited by petrnita; 04-14-2013 at 04:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by petrnita View Post
    I mean Toolbox. Color Samples functioning properly.
    So this is only happening in your "Toolbox Samples" window. Perhaps a step closer to an answer?
    I think we may still need another Windows user to chime in here and let us know what they see in their Toolbox Samples window.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

Ah ha! This only happens if you don't have any toolbox samples and you change to showing by name. I can see what's causing it and we'll have it resolved in the next update. Thanks for the report!
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Lightbulb Cannot seem to open up the toolbox!!!

Ok, new to AR - and have watched the tutorial http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1OPwY4gWbY - and it looks easy. So why is nothing ever easy for me? I go to tools - toolbox options - load toolbox. Then it takes me to a page - look in my documents - so do I have to set it up first time use or what? As I do not have one saved from a previous use - I have none to open up. So how do you do it the first time. Sorry to be such a nuisance on these forums, I know I am complete klutz at these things - but I am trying (very trying - my husbands says).

Quote Originally Posted by gepocock View Post
    Ok, new to AR - and have watched the tutorial http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1OPwY4gWbY - and it looks easy. So why is nothing ever easy for me? I go to tools - toolbox options - load toolbox. Then it takes me to a page - look in my documents - so do I have to set it up first time use or what? As I do not have one saved from a previous use - I have none to open up. So how do you do it the first time. Sorry to be such a nuisance on these forums, I know I am complete klutz at these things - but I am trying (very trying - my husbands says).
    You must first open the Toolbox panel: Menu View -> Toolbox Panel. (1)
    Then you can put him setting tools (must be saved as a preset). (2)
    Then, when you have some samples in the Toolbox, the sea to save them to disk and then open it again. (3)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	toolboxD.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	350.9 KB 
ID:	74978
    Poland (current in Czech Republic)
    ArtRage 4
    Windows 8-64bit
    Genius PenSketch M912