ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Workbench Mode > toolbar enhancements

Workbench Mode > toolbar enhancements

1. Make the tool size slider pressure sensitive so that when trying to change by 1 point it is easy.
    lightest pressure = slow change (maybe 1 point up or down per 3mm of movement)
    heaviest pressure = fast change (maybe 5 points up or down per 1mm movement)

2. Undo and Redo buttons in workbench mode would be great!

3. Add Cut, Copy, & Paste buttons to the workbench mode.

4. Add a shortcuts section to the workbench toolbar that any tool or color or whatever can be dropped into so that it becomes a new button on the toolbar.

Quote Originally Posted by DIGITAL-MILIEUX View Post
    1. Make the tool size slider pressure sensitive so that when trying to change by 1 point it is easy.
    lightest pressure = slow change (maybe 1 point up or down per 3mm of movement)
    heaviest pressure = fast change (maybe 5 points up or down per 1mm movement)

2. Undo and Redo buttons in workbench mode would be great!

3. Add Cut, Copy, & Paste buttons to the workbench mode.

4. Add a shortcuts section to the workbench toolbar that any tool or color or whatever can be dropped into so that it becomes a new button on the toolbar.
    It is very good idea. Changing the size of a 1 pixel tool is often annoying and enter it from the keyboard tiring and inefficient. Point number 1 is absolutely justified.
    Poland (current in Czech Republic)
    ArtRage 4
    Windows 8-64bit
    Genius PenSketch M912

You guys might want to try out the Artrage Pen-Only Toolbar linked to in my sig. It's a mini-UI that runs "on top/separte" from Artrage that allows you to do all/most of the things you are asking for while in Workbench mode. It's free. Might be worth a shot. It's exactly what I use in Workbench mode to have undo/redo available all the time, cut/copy/paste, as well have very easy access to all my tools with a quick-strike button.
    Check out and submit to the thread on Watercolor WIPs in Artrage-- lots of good tips and conversation
    My YouTube video tutorial series- How to Paint with Watercolors in Artrage
    Try out the free
    Artrage Pen-Only Toolbar to improve your workflow and reduce clutter
    List of other good tutorials on using watercolors in Artrage
    List of good sticker sprays for watercolor effects in Artrage

My blog- art, poetry and picture books- http://www.seamlessexpression.blogspot.com/

undo and redo button on Workbench

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    You guys might want to try out the Artrage Pen-Only Toolbar linked to in my sig. It's a mini-UI that runs "on top/separte" from Artrage that allows you to do all/most of the things you are asking for while in Workbench mode. It's free. Might be worth a shot. It's exactly what I use in Workbench mode to have undo/redo available all the time, cut/copy/paste, as well have very easy access to all my tools with a quick-strike button.
    I love using the workbench mode, except for lack of undo/redo. Is it correct the Pen-Only toolbar is for windows only?

Yeah, sadly. It's because the program in which the Toolbar itself is written (Auto Hotkey) is PC only. If only Mac's ran AutoHotkey, it'd be available for everyone.
    Check out and submit to the thread on Watercolor WIPs in Artrage-- lots of good tips and conversation
    My YouTube video tutorial series- How to Paint with Watercolors in Artrage
    Try out the free
    Artrage Pen-Only Toolbar to improve your workflow and reduce clutter
    List of other good tutorials on using watercolors in Artrage
    List of good sticker sprays for watercolor effects in Artrage

My blog- art, poetry and picture books- http://www.seamlessexpression.blogspot.com/