ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: sticker tint help?

sticker tint help?

Heya all,

I just upgraded to artrage 4 on steam. The main reasons was I wanted to use the symmetrical painting with stickers to do a hybrid of Painter's image hose and the Alchemy paint tool.

I brought in my own stickers as white solid shapes on alpha. When I paint with the sticker spray the color of the sticker does not match the color picker. Is there something I am doing wrong? When I adjust the color picker I can only get a color that is between white and a grey but the actual hues and values do not match what the color picker has. Unfortunately for what I am trying to do/how I am trying to work I would like to do this.

Thank You!,
    Juan

Sticker tinting works off an HLS offset so to make them conform to the current colour they should be a mid range red.

Red is 0 Hue, so offsetting that with the Hue of the current colour makes the resulting hue the same as that of the current colour. You can find an example if you look in the Stamps category of the Sticker Collection you can see some examples such as Marching Ants that use a base Hue with shading and match that to the current paint colour (the 'Marching Ants' sticker spray preset in the Fun Brushes preset category shows the variation settings required).

Hope that helps!
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Awesome. I set the stickers to a hue of 0(aka red) and 100% value and saturation and it completely works!

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by MattRage View Post
    Sticker tinting works off an HLS offset so to make them conform to the current colour they should be a mid range red.

Red is 0 Hue, so offsetting that with the Hue of the current colour makes the resulting hue the same as that of the current colour. You can find an example if you look in the Stamps category of the Sticker Collection you can see some examples such as Marching Ants that use a base Hue with shading and match that to the current paint colour (the 'Marching Ants' sticker spray preset in the Fun Brushes preset category shows the variation settings required).

Hope that helps!