ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shai Hulud (Sandworm)

Shai Hulud (Sandworm)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shai Hulud.jpg 
Views:	3713 
Size:	89.6 KB 
ID:	74868
    "Shai Hulud" (7/4/13)

Dune or Arrakis! What an amazing sci-fi series. Your illustration is great.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Terrific illustration!!

I remember the 1984 movie 'Dune' when it came out. The movie was totally forgettable, but I do remember the huge sandworms coming out of the dunes, and being most impressed.

Looking at this clip now, modern CGI and movie making skills would do a much better job of EVERYTHING, but here it is.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bj7R_2WWdKs

Thanks PPL ...

Quote Originally Posted by copespeak View Post
    Terrific illustration!!
    I remember the 1984 movie 'Dune' when it came out. The movie was totally forgettable, but I do remember the huge sandworms coming out of the dunes, and being most impressed.
    Looking at this clip now, modern CGI and movie making skills would do a much better job of EVERYTHING, but here it is.......
    Yeah, the visuals in the old Dune movie is quite outdated by modern standards. But still... the concept- and art-design for David Lynch's Dune is pretty awesome.
    But I would have loved to have seen a movie, directed by Ridley Scott, and with H.R. Giger as design artist.
    Actually Giger did a bunch of designs for the that first Dune movie, that never got made... awesome stuff!
    http://www.duneinfo.com/unseen/hr-giger.aspx

Ridley Scott and Giger worked together on Alien, which was the absolute pinnacle of its time and still stands up well now. Spectacular monster and sets!!

I was only 29 when that came out and was soooo terrified!

Quote Originally Posted by copespeak View Post
    Ridley Scott and Giger worked together on Alien, which was the absolute pinnacle of its time and still stands up well now. Spectacular monster and sets!!
    I was only 29 when that came out and was soooo terrified!
    Aye .. the first Alien-movie is still a totally horrific movie. The combination of Gigers artwork, made "real" in a move, with Scott's skills as a filmmaker, makes it something to behold in awe.
    The movie have this deep horror and shock value, that totally covers over subliminal themes on rape and birth-trauma... deep stuff.

Actually the new installment, in the same universe, again by Ridley and Giger: Prometheus, is something of a masterpiece too in my opinion.

I really enjoyed watching Prometheus for the artist/design side of it. I found the plot irritating, with the same old 'bad guy in the ranks' theme that had been done to death. But very, very beautiful to see nevertheless.

So many clever people....

Love your monocrhome palette... exceptional fantasy image....