ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: ArtRage 4_is it really better than ArtRage Studio?

Unhappy ArtRage 4_is it really better than ArtRage Studio?

My Sony VAIO came pre-installed w/ ArtRage Studio. I just spent $50. purchasing ArtRage 4. I'm not impressed by the "upgrade". Can someone explain to me what improvements or features that were worth $50!

This document will allow you to see the many differences between the versions.

http://www.artrage.com/files/artrage...comparison.pdf

It's less about what the brushes doing new things when painting, and more the UI allowing you to paint more easily when you do paint, IMO. The Workbench, the Toolbox, etc. are the differences I note most regularly. There's also stuff like Scraps that you can use as a palette to mix your colors, Multi-View so you can zoom in and work on a portion of an image up close while seeing the entire image as a whole in another window, etc. A lot of that kind of "functionality" stuff, rather than having the brushes paint in new and entirely different way.

However, Symmetry painting, Cloning, and Stylus Properties can directly affect how you paint. Stylus Properties in particular provides a number of opportunities.

That's about the gist of it. Check out the link and see what you think.
    Check out and submit to the thread on Watercolor WIPs in Artrage-- lots of good tips and conversation
    My YouTube video tutorial series- How to Paint with Watercolors in Artrage
    Try out the free
    Artrage Pen-Only Toolbar to improve your workflow and reduce clutter
    List of other good tutorials on using watercolors in Artrage
    List of good sticker sprays for watercolor effects in Artrage

My blog- art, poetry and picture books- http://www.seamlessexpression.blogspot.com/

The link provided in spyres' post covers the basic differences between versions. Thanks for the more detailed info, Steve B!

For anyone else curious about upgrading to or purchasing ArtRage 4, we also provide a demo version of the software which can be downloaded from our website at http://www.artrage.com/artrage-demos.html. Feel free to contact us via our support page at http://www.artrage.com/artrage-support.html , we're happy to answer questions or provide help with the demo version as well.

It sounds like you paid full price for version 4 rather than upgrading at the discounted price we provide. Please contact me at support@artrage.com and let me know which model of VAIO you purchased as well as your ArtRage Studio serial number if possible ( You can find it by launching Studio if you have it installed, then going to Help -> View Serial Number ) and I can sort out the discount for you. If you don't have access to your Studio serial number, please email me anyway as I can help.

EDIT: Updated for clarity.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Thumbs up Thanks, the info & links you listed gave me the facts I wanted to know

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    It's less about what the brushes doing new things when painting, and more the UI allowing you to paint more easily when you do paint, IMO. The Workbench, the Toolbox, etc. are the differences I note most regularly. There's also stuff like Scraps that you can use as a palette to mix your colors, Multi-View so you can zoom in and work on a portion of an image up close while seeing the entire image as a whole in another window, etc. A lot of that kind of "functionality" stuff, rather than having the brushes paint in new and entirely different way.

However, Symmetry painting, Cloning, and Stylus Properties can directly affect how you paint. Stylus Properties in particular provides a number of opportunities.

That's about the gist of it. Check out the link and see what you think.
    Steve on another note_I am blown away with your mastery of digital watercolors!I will be following Seamless Expression.