Thread: Fantasy Profile

Fantasy Profile

Adapted for ArtRage from a Photoshop tutorial. Ink pen and airbrush.

Name:  Fantasy Profile.jpg
Views: 604
Size:  185.0 KB
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]

She does indeed look as if she's peering ahead into another realm -- a fantasy perhaps, and she's being moved by what she's "imagining". And what she's fantasizing about can be in the mind of the painting viewer when they project themselves into the character.

I really like this. Very feminine and fanciful and optimistic. She could walk as easily into Narnia or a dance club or onto the stage, or before a paparazzi group, accepting an award, getting elected, etc etc.

So it's specific enough to get a flavor and non-specific enough to fit many scenarios.

The only thing I would caution about is her looking off the page. I couldn't suggest how to do it differently to get this same impact, but the viewer will go where she's looking. If it's someone else's painting, then it may not serve your work. . . or it may if you know how to use that.

But very sweet. Youthful in very many ways. Hair color, skin, expression, a teeny bit of trepidation, etc. I wouldn't be at all surprised to hear she represents yourself now that you're really getting good with your art.

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Better?

Name:  Fantasy Profile02.jpg
Views: 547
Size:  182.0 KB
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]

I dare say. It's more specific and probably more accessible to those who need to be more specific for their stories. Children for example would get this easier since it reads more like a sentence with a subject, verb and object, and then to springboard into their own imagination place they take off to from such pics. So if this were an illustration for a story, you would then want to have had something special or significant about your elements and your choosing to stage it this way relative to the written words. Could actually make a groovy "seed" for a story. Sets a great mood plus it's evocative. Depends on one's sense of whimsy. Sky's the limit actually.

Meanwhile back at the composition. . . it follows the rules better as far as staging goes, and the viewer is not being sent away.

Good solve, May. . . I mean June.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

June, I really like this beautiful painting, very dreamy and love the color of her hair