ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Export all layers at one go?

Question Export all layers at one go?

I use Artrage for creating artwork used in 2-d animations and in my present workflow characters are rigged in Artrage with a separate layer for each body part (labeled appropriately). I then export each one of these layers and take them to a an animation software.

It would be convenient to have a way to export each of these layers as <layername>.jpg at the click of a single button.

Is there something I can do to this effect?

Another thing - the popup which loads up when exporting a single layer isn't smart enough to prepopulate the dialog box with the layer name ATM.

This would have made life at least a little bit easier - I'm having click export on each layer now and type in the layer name all over again.

There isn't a way to export all layers at once currently in the main app functionality, but I'll make a note to look in to that in the future. There may be a way to do this via a script however, I'll ask about that here and see if there's anything that can be done.

Regarding automatically naming the file from the layer name: Good idea! Just implemented that, it'll be in the next update.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Quote Originally Posted by MattRage View Post
    There isn't a way to export all layers at once currently in the main app functionality, but I'll make a note to look in to that in the future. There may be a way to do this via a script however, I'll ask about that here and see if there's anything that can be done.

Regarding automatically naming the file from the layer name: Good idea! Just implemented that, it'll be in the next update.

Awesome thanks!

Reg your comment on a scripting solution that would be perfectly acceptable as well. I was under the impression that the script recorder only records keystrokes and not export actions though. If that's not true guess I could record export of a single layer and then use a text editor and a looping construct of some sort to export the other layers.

Quote Originally Posted by MattRage View Post

oh I would love to have the option to export all (visible) layers via script! plus export all layers _to channels_ via script because I'm using that often when creating sticker sprays
    also, automatically naming the file from the layer name when exporting layers to channels would be awesome!

thanks Necroidus for asking, and THANKS Matt for listening!!!
    >>> MSIE's ArtRage Gallery <<<

"It's a living growing mutating art sculpture painting synthesis." (quote screenpainter)