ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: A site I found helpful.

A site I found helpful.

This may be very basic for those with experience but I found it enlightening so I thought I'd post it for other schmucks like me that are learning this as we go. http://www.stanprokopenko.com/blog/2009/05/draw-eyes/ It's about drawing eyes.

The last time I kept an open mind,
    my brain fell out and the dog grabbed it.
    Now it's full of dirt, toothmarks, and dog slobber.
    No more open minds or dogs for me.www.gms9810.com/

That's a beauty! Drawing eyes can be very challenging if you don't understand, or look at the actual structure. A good site indeed for anyone wanting to do just that.

Thanks GMS , it's a good find

going back to basics is a good idea to do at any level. This is a real find--I just subscribed to their new letter. Nice find!

Funny how we can pull things out of the nowhere that way when we're ready for it. I like this site. Would that they had this for rats. By my reckoning, you have a whole lot of little portrait models of late.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Funny how we can pull things out of the nowhere that way when we're ready for it. I like this site. Would that they had this for rats. By my reckoning, you have a whole lot of little portrait models of late.
    Way too many. Want some?

The last time I kept an open mind,
    my brain fell out and the dog grabbed it.
    Now it's full of dirt, toothmarks, and dog slobber.
    No more open minds or dogs for me.www.gms9810.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Gms9810 View Post
    Way too many. Want some?
    Oh darn, you caught me about 50 years too late. My cats might like a couple though. . . if they're sturdy.

Yeah, no kidding though. They could make inspired drawings/paintings. And since you're a photographer sort, you could take pics, and then when you're ready to use them, now also that you're an art sort, you can change them up a bit and make some classic children's book. Can you say "Caldecott"?

Just sayin. . .
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream