ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30

Thread: Late night sketchin' results

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Denmark, Europe
    Posts
    138

    Late night sketchin' results

    Hi there ... Yeah, I'm new in here.
    Anyways, I just wanted to share some late night sketching session from yesterday
    Please feel free to comment or criticize as you see fit

    edit: I'll just keep adding my late night sketchings to this post, as I get em' done!

    Regards
    Z1Xwitch

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	in the dark.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	170.8 KB 
ID:	74787
    "In the dark" (3/4/13)

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lisbeth.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	168.0 KB 
ID:	74788
    "Lisbeth Salander" (3/4/13)

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sympathies.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	252.5 KB 
ID:	74789
    "Sympathies" (3/4/13)

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Space Jockey.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	214.3 KB 
ID:	74795
    "Space Jockey" (5/4/13)

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	drowning.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	165.4 KB 
ID:	74812
    "Drowning" (5/4/13)
    Last edited by Z1Xwitch; 04-06-2013 at 10:34 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3,818
    Welcome to the forum!

    Really strong confident, competent work. Each face has a strong presence and personality. Wonderful!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    belgium
    Posts
    117
    Love them all 3 ,

    but the girl looks so real , nice job.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Denmark, Europe
    Posts
    138
    Thanks I just got Artrage 4 via Steam the other day, and I literally can't drop the stylus ... it's freakin' awesome!!

    I'm not used to getting much feedback, except from clients and my close personal network. So I was looking for a place to get some more constructive feedback on my sketchings and other things. I hope this might be the place

    Now I just need to drop the pen, and do some lurking in here, and see what else is happening in here.. again, thanks for the wellcome

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    22,517
    Nice stuff. The first one looks like George Lucas. The last one looks like one of the creatures from the saloon sequence on Tatooeen. The other two look great but they're too contemporary for me to know who they might be. I did look up Lisbeth Salander and she is remarkably diverse within a dark style. Your drawing does her credit.

    The style is very dramatic with lighting and hard strokes = the style I would have seen in some of the older graphic novels when publishers paid attention to drawing skill.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    China
    Posts
    7,498
    Awesome drawings. I love them all as everyone is so different character. And, welcome to the forum too

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Concord, California
    Posts
    6,836
    Well, I find your drawings quite skillful. The Lisbeth Salander (one of my favorite actresses) surely captures her dynamic character. If you're really looking for critical feedback, on that one portrait I felt the work in her face was too "soft", too "blended", giving her a slightly ghoulish quality. But even then, you pull off capturing her spirit.

    In this section of the forum "Gallery, Gallery" the feedback is generally of the less-critical type; we seem here to point more to the positive aspects of the work - more the positive feedback perspective. If you're looking for serious, constructive criticism the [Forum, Gallery, Critique] section http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...hp?16-Critique is the area where you may find more of the technical feedback you might be looking for.

    This forum overall is a terrific community. With its several discussion sections, you will find terrific people to engage you in real critique as well as camaraderie in the exchange of ideas, the appreciation of each others efforts, technical advice for both painting in general and the use of Artrage, great tutorials, and just good fun. If that seems rewarding to you, you've stumbled into the right place.

    Best,
    Byron

    edit: I've subscribed to your thread. If you post more here, I will surely want to see.
    Last edited by byroncallas; 04-05-2013 at 03:34 PM.
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Denmark, Europe
    Posts
    138
    Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Nice stuff. The first one looks like George Lucas. The last one looks like one of the creatures from the saloon sequence on Tatooeen. The other two look great but they're too contemporary for me to know who they might be. I did look up Lisbeth Salander and she is remarkably diverse within a dark style. Your drawing does her credit.

    The style is very dramatic with lighting and hard strokes = the style I would have seen in some of the older graphic novels when publishers paid attention to drawing skill.
    Thanks ...
    Yeah "In the dark", is just based loosely on some random model I found on the web, but I forgot to take note of who it was.
    The "Sympathies" sketch and "Space Jockey" actually both have something in common, but it's not quite Star Wars (Though I think I might consider doing some SW-fanart, I haven't tried that for ages). The similarity are, that both characters are from Ridley Scott's "Alien " (1979 )

    Quote Originally Posted by pai View Post
    Awesome drawings. I love them all as everyone is so different character. And, welcome to the forum too
    Thanks, it's good to feel welcome

    Quote Originally Posted by byroncallas View Post
    Well, I find your drawings quite skillful. The Lisbeth Salander (one of my favorite actresses) surely captures her dynamic character. If you're really looking for critical feedback, on that one portrait I felt the work in her face was too "soft", too "blended", giving her a slightly ghoulish quality. But even then, you pull off capturing her spirit.

    In this section of the forum "Gallery, Gallery" the feedback is generally of the less-critical type; we seem here to point more to the positive aspects of the work - more the positive feedback perspective. If you're looking for serious, constructive criticism the [Forum, Gallery, Critique] section XXX-Spam-filter don't like I repost URL's-XXX is the area where you may find more of the technical feedback you might be looking for.

    This forum overall is a terrific community. With its several discussion sections, you will find terrific people to engage you in real critique as well as camaraderie in the exchange of ideas, the appreciation of each others efforts, technical advice for both painting in general and the use of Artrage, great tutorials, and just good fun. If that seems rewarding to you, you've stumbled into the right place.

    Best,
    Byron

    edit: I've subscribed to your thread. If you post more here, I will surely want to see.
    Thanks, and thanks for the critique, I actually ended up feeling the "Lisbeth Salander" was too soft on the skin too, so it's good to get that confirmed
    I'll be sure to give the other forum-topics a look-see, as soon as I get some time off to sip coffee and do some forum luring, I love to give and receive constructive criticism, so the critique forum sounds like a great place to start

    and thanks for the subscription

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Rome (Italy)
    Posts
    24,113
    Welcome and congrats for Your astoundingly good drawings!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Denmark, Europe
    Posts
    138

    Mindside out

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mindside out.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	176.3 KB 
ID:	74813
    "Mindside out" (5/4/13)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •