ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Late night sketchin' results

Late night sketchin' results

Hi there ... Yeah, I'm new in here.
    Anyways, I just wanted to share some late night sketching session from yesterday
    Please feel free to comment or criticize as you see fit

edit: I'll just keep adding my late night sketchings to this post, as I get em' done!

Regards
    Z1Xwitch

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	in the dark.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	170.8 KB 
ID:	74787
    "In the dark" (3/4/13)

Name:	Lisbeth.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	168.0 KB 
ID:	74788
    "Lisbeth Salander" (3/4/13)

Name:	sympathies.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	252.5 KB 
ID:	74789
    "Sympathies" (3/4/13)

Name:	Space Jockey.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	214.3 KB 
ID:	74795
    "Space Jockey" (5/4/13)

Name:	drowning.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	165.4 KB 
ID:	74812
    "Drowning" (5/4/13)
    Last edited by Z1Xwitch; 04-06-2013 at 10:34 AM.

Welcome to the forum!

Really strong confident, competent work. Each face has a strong presence and personality. Wonderful!

Love them all 3 ,

but the girl looks so real , nice job.

Thanks I just got Artrage 4 via Steam the other day, and I literally can't drop the stylus ... it's freakin' awesome!!

I'm not used to getting much feedback, except from clients and my close personal network. So I was looking for a place to get some more constructive feedback on my sketchings and other things. I hope this might be the place

Now I just need to drop the pen, and do some lurking in here, and see what else is happening in here.. again, thanks for the wellcome

Nice stuff. The first one looks like George Lucas. The last one looks like one of the creatures from the saloon sequence on Tatooeen. The other two look great but they're too contemporary for me to know who they might be. I did look up Lisbeth Salander and she is remarkably diverse within a dark style. Your drawing does her credit.

The style is very dramatic with lighting and hard strokes = the style I would have seen in some of the older graphic novels when publishers paid attention to drawing skill.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Awesome drawings. I love them all as everyone is so different character. And, welcome to the forum too

Well, I find your drawings quite skillful. The Lisbeth Salander (one of my favorite actresses) surely captures her dynamic character. If you're really looking for critical feedback, on that one portrait I felt the work in her face was too "soft", too "blended", giving her a slightly ghoulish quality. But even then, you pull off capturing her spirit.

In this section of the forum "Gallery, Gallery" the feedback is generally of the less-critical type; we seem here to point more to the positive aspects of the work - more the positive feedback perspective. If you're looking for serious, constructive criticism the [Forum, Gallery, Critique] section http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...hp?16-Critique is the area where you may find more of the technical feedback you might be looking for.

This forum overall is a terrific community. With its several discussion sections, you will find terrific people to engage you in real critique as well as camaraderie in the exchange of ideas, the appreciation of each others efforts, technical advice for both painting in general and the use of Artrage, great tutorials, and just good fun. If that seems rewarding to you, you've stumbled into the right place.

Best,
    Byron

edit: I've subscribed to your thread. If you post more here, I will surely want to see.
    Last edited by byroncallas; 04-05-2013 at 03:34 PM.
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Nice stuff. The first one looks like George Lucas. The last one looks like one of the creatures from the saloon sequence on Tatooeen. The other two look great but they're too contemporary for me to know who they might be. I did look up Lisbeth Salander and she is remarkably diverse within a dark style. Your drawing does her credit.

The style is very dramatic with lighting and hard strokes = the style I would have seen in some of the older graphic novels when publishers paid attention to drawing skill.
    Thanks ...
    Yeah "In the dark", is just based loosely on some random model I found on the web, but I forgot to take note of who it was.
    The "Sympathies" sketch and "Space Jockey" actually both have something in common, but it's not quite Star Wars (Though I think I might consider doing some SW-fanart, I haven't tried that for ages). The similarity are, that both characters are from Ridley Scott's "Alien " (1979 )

Quote Originally Posted by pai View Post
    Awesome drawings. I love them all as everyone is so different character. And, welcome to the forum too
    Thanks, it's good to feel welcome

Quote Originally Posted by byroncallas View Post
    Well, I find your drawings quite skillful. The Lisbeth Salander (one of my favorite actresses) surely captures her dynamic character. If you're really looking for critical feedback, on that one portrait I felt the work in her face was too "soft", too "blended", giving her a slightly ghoulish quality. But even then, you pull off capturing her spirit.

In this section of the forum "Gallery, Gallery" the feedback is generally of the less-critical type; we seem here to point more to the positive aspects of the work - more the positive feedback perspective. If you're looking for serious, constructive criticism the [Forum, Gallery, Critique] section XXX-Spam-filter don't like I repost URL's-XXX is the area where you may find more of the technical feedback you might be looking for.

This forum overall is a terrific community. With its several discussion sections, you will find terrific people to engage you in real critique as well as camaraderie in the exchange of ideas, the appreciation of each others efforts, technical advice for both painting in general and the use of Artrage, great tutorials, and just good fun. If that seems rewarding to you, you've stumbled into the right place.

Best,
    Byron

edit: I've subscribed to your thread. If you post more here, I will surely want to see.
    Thanks, and thanks for the critique, I actually ended up feeling the "Lisbeth Salander" was too soft on the skin too, so it's good to get that confirmed
    I'll be sure to give the other forum-topics a look-see, as soon as I get some time off to sip coffee and do some forum luring, I love to give and receive constructive criticism, so the critique forum sounds like a great place to start

and thanks for the subscription

Welcome and congrats for Your astoundingly good drawings!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Mindside out

Name:	Mindside out.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	176.3 KB 
ID:	74813
    "Mindside out" (5/4/13)