ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gerber Daisy

Gerber Daisy

When my real creative juices won't flow, but I still want to be creative, I turn to my grown up coloring book.. It's simple, quick and a perfect stress reliever.. I probably have more of these than I should.. I just thought I would share one with you, and wonder if anybody else has participated in this delightfull pastime..

Name:  m_Gerbers.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  99.3 KB
    Click Upper Right To Visit My Gallery

I appreciate this work

I love floral coloring books . Some of these are beautifully drawn. It is so relaxing and has been a lovely thing to do with my grand girls. Thank you for sharing and giving us all encouragement.

Good idea. If you find tinting line drawings or 'coloring books' fun, you can find someone who did it really amazingly at the turn of the century or thereabouts: Alfonse Mucha.

He was pretty much the stand out artist for this kind of Art Nouveau thing. He essentially did coloring book style work where he did the line work and the color (unless he had apprecntices). But you can see how he could color. and his linework was not the same heavy weight all around nor was it all black.

Just some thoughts if you like working with line. You needn't do Nouveau particularly. But you can perhaps modify the coloring book line or when you're looking for drawings to color, you can do so with an eye for some wider range possibilities. Nothing saying you can't modify the coloring book drawings you already have either.

Your color on that flower is great by the way. I can see you like it and have an affinity for that process, so I thought I would offer this info, because it's a very respectable direction. Well done, Rick.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...FYj_2QW--4HwDw
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Your not the only one Rick, you did a great job on the daisy.

Here is one of mine that I used to practice some coloring and shading.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dinosaur coloring.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	402.8 KB 
ID:	74772  
    Aunt Betsy

My Zazzle store:
    Aunt Betsy's Celebration Art

Your secret is out Rick, but it's clear you are not alone. LOL.
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4

Excellent new style, dear Rick. Masterfully executed as usual.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Coloring book, no, never tried it in my childhood and now i can try in on Artrage Ah, now I knew that's called line work, thank D Akey about that Alfonse Mucha artist, I saw those paintings before, just didn't know what type. Now I knew. Thanks to both Rick and Dakey brought this coloring book topic up

Aunty Betsy, that are so cute and lovely one..haha

I should be in bed, rather than colouring in! Good fun though!

Attachment 74776

Thank you all for the comments.. It's nice to know that others fiddle such as I do.. "D" I was not aware of Alfonse Mucha.. But I am now.. His paintings have greased the little wheels of my mind.. This could be a dangerous thing..
    Click Upper Right To Visit My Gallery