ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: stylus does not work

stylus does not work

I am running artrage-free version before I buy-on my tablet. Using my finger i can paint however when I use my stylus nothing happens . Do I need to set the pressure setting? What else could cause this problem. I am a newbie with tablets and touch technology.

What operating system are you using? Also, what make and model of tablet are you using?
    Does the cursor follow your stylus inside ArtRage, just not place paint on the canvas?
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

sylus not working within Artrage

Quote Originally Posted by DaveRage View Post
    What operating system are you using? Also, what make and model of tablet are you using?
    Does the cursor follow your stylus inside ArtRage, just not place paint on the canvas?
    I am using an Asus EB121 slate on windows 8 . The stylus will operate within Artrage but just does not put paint on the canvas.

It sounds like the drivers aren't providing good pressure information.

For an integrated screen input device Microsoft's standard input system is called Realtime Stylus. Open the ArtRage Preferences panel and in the Input section turn Use Wintab OFF, and Use Realtime Stylus On. Also, turn on Precise Tablet Mode. Restart ArtRage.

That tells ArtRage to use the OS standard for input. However, some drivers are not properly compatible with Windows 8 and it's possible that this will not work. If it does not, try turning Wintab On and Realtime Stylus Off and restarting ArtRage.

If that also fails you will need to make sure you have the latest drivers from ASUS and if those do not help you may unfortunately need to talk to Asus about getting drivers that correctly support the Windows 8 input standard.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

stylus not working

With this free version there does not seem to be an input option under properties, have set precise input. Under Asus in programs I have a thing called loadsensor.exe that is not working and my control panel says there are some inconpatibities with this program. Do I need a patch/driver for windows 8? it is Artrage and not the tablet that is at issue as I can use skecth board with my stylus. I like artrage but I am reluctant to purchase the full progran until I am sure it will work.

If you are using the demo version of ArtRage 4 downloaded from our website at http://www.artrage.com/artrage-demos.html the 'Input Device' category can be found in Edit -> Preferences. Click it to open the Input Device options. If you're using an older version of the ArtRage demo or the 'starter edition' downloaded from somewhere else ( which may not have the options we've described ), I'd recommend uninstalling it and installing the demo for the current version.

It would be worthwhile making sure you are using the latest tablet driver version from Asus especially as you're using Windows 8.

ArtRage supports Microsoft's standard for tablet input under Windows 8. Other applications may not. If your tablet works with another application but not ArtRage, chances are that that application is using another tablet input standard which is compatible with the driver, but the driver is not compatible with the current standard for Windows ( Realtime Stylus ). You may find that the second option mentioned by Matt ( realtime stylus OFF, wintab ON ) will allow the tablet to work with ArtRage in this case, depending on what the driver is doing.

If it won't work on your device then I wouldn't recommend purchasing the software until your system's tablet driver software has been updated and fully supports the realtime stylus standard.

I hope this is of some help.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Thanks for your help

I downloaded your demo vesion and the stylus works perfectly -thank you for your help