ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The new 2.1 improvements

Gallery
    View images

The new 2.1 improvements

This new stuff in 2.1 is just awsome!!! How the roller smears... and the new bigger tool sizes... and the background color is very nice. Now I can set it to a darker color and the glare won't burn my eyes (...after the 15th hour in front of the screen...) and now I can actually see the FX of turning on the palette knife edge! How nice!

Thanks Team!! Great work!
    --LES

Gallery
    View images
    I'm glad the knife doesn't affect pencil marks the way it used to.

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks so much for the new features, notablby the dry brushing, and improved pallatte knife functionality!

Im off to play now, Ill give more detailed feedback after a day or so of work.

Thanks again!

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Rage
    The Spacebar can now be used to move the canvas. Hold the spacebar down and left click/drag to move the canvas. When you release the spacebar, your selected tool will work again. To rotate the canvas, hold down the spacebar then the Alt/Option key and left click/drag the canvas.

Thanks again!
    Love the new functionality..I can already tell these imrovements are going to let me use AR much more often in my work.

One thing though..the spacebar "panning" works as described...thanks! But I cant seem to get the spacebar then alt key "rotate" function to work. To clarify, i followed the procedure as described: held down spacebar, then the alt key (tried both right and left) while still holding the spacebar, and left click dragged on the canvas, but all this did was the alt key color picker function. I also tried many variations of this combo, and different context keys, with both mouse and wacom, with no success.

Dont know if Ive misinterpreted the directions on this or not, of if theres bugginess afoot.

For what its worth, Windows XP home sp2 , athlon xp 64.

Everything else works great! Love the dry brushing and quick mirror!

Gallery
    View images
    I have the same problem as ScottC.

It's good to see Artrage adopting the Photoshop and Painter shortcuts.
    How many times did I press the spacebar to pan the canvas in Artrage, I now laugh at those fun memories...
    Now to get that alt+spacebar working...

On a sidenote, Artrage easily beat the rotate (and zoom) function in Painter 8)

Gallery
    View images
    Grab the 2.11 update from our download page, just released a short time ago today, and you should see alt + space working correctly. Thanks everyone for the feedback! Really happy to hear you like what you see so far
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks, it works perfectly

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveRage
    Grab the 2.11 update from our download page, just released a short time ago today, and you should see alt + space working correctly. Thanks everyone for the feedback! Really happy to hear you like what you see so far

It works great now with the 2.11 update...thanks! This is much better than the way it was before.

But one thing to note, it is still hampered by the absence of a "quick reset" function to set the rotation back to default, or in the very least, the ability to map this function to a key of our choosing.

In an efficient speedy workflow, having to manually pull down a menu from the top to reset the rotation almost makes it not worth the effort of rotating for a better stroking angle in the first place.

Still, a significant improvement all the way around, and I think youre very close to having a professionally viable paint simulator tool here.

Cheers!

Gallery
    View images
    Doesn't 'D' reset the canvas?

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by NewCube
    Doesn't 'D' reset the canvas?

It does indeed. My bad. I looked through the "key shortcuts" list in the manual at least twice, and never saw that listing at the very bottom

I'm mapping that on my wacom as we speak.

Cheers!