ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cloning tool

Unhappy Cloning tool

Would someone please do a tutorial on you tube? I have just bought Artrage 4 but cannot get to grips with this tool and yes, I do feel stupid, but I am a visual learner, and would understand how to use it from a tutorial.

Ditto

I'm also a new user and just want to second your request. The manual is really very good but the tutorials are more helpful to new users. I've been very impressed with videos produced by someonesane. Hope he can do a few on the new artrage 4 features

I'm about to leave the house at the moment, but I can probably put together a tutorial video when get back. What are looking to achieve with the tool? Knowing this will help me determine the type of image I use for the example and the details I'll cover in the video.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Cloning tutorial

I would love to see a specific example or two of how this tool would be used to make a painting. I've been able to fool around with the artrage tools and figure basically figure out how they work. It's been entertaining. But maybe it's time to move on and actually create something. Thanks. Your tutorials have been a great help.

Quote Originally Posted by Snickelson View Post
    I would love to see a specific example or two of how this tool would be used to make a painting. I've been able to fool around with the artrage tools and figure basically figure out how they work. It's been entertaining. But maybe it's time to move on and actually create something. Thanks. Your tutorials have been a great help.
    Clone tools aren't really intended for creating images. They're more useful for image editing, like removing photo scuffs or unwanted distractions from a background. They basically move information from area on the screen, to another area of the screen. I'll search for a couple of good examples where I'd find the tool useful and put them in a video for you.

Cloning tool and upside down issue.

Thanks. I certainly need all the help I can get. Would you be able to explain to why I sometimes open a saved painting and find that it's upside down. It's easy enough to reposition it but the images in the layers panels are also upside down and I have not been able to reposition them. Is there some way to lock the canvass in place? I constantly move it accidentally. I'm using artrage 4 on a Surface Pro.

Thanks again

Hi,

I made the video and posted it at YouTube. I go over what the options on the settings panel does first, then I show how the tool can be used to remove text from an image, and a surfer from a wave. Be sure to watch it in HD, to make it easier to see what I'm doing. You can watch here: http://youtu.be/123kesvwfEc.

Quote Originally Posted by Snickelson View Post
    Thanks. I certainly need all the help I can get. Would you be able to explain to why I sometimes open a saved painting and find that it's upside down. It's easy enough to reposition it but the images in the layers panels are also upside down and I have not been able to reposition them. Is there some way to lock the canvass in place? I constantly move it accidentally. I'm using artrage 4 on a Surface Pro.
    Sounds odd. It could be due to something that was going on with the iPad version, which had a similar result. In that circumstance it was due to the iPad being locked, so it wouldn't flip its screen. I haven't used a Surface Pro, so I don't know if it has something similar to that. But I can't be sure. You should make a new post about it here in the Technical forum, to be sure that the ArtRage Team sees it.

The orientation of the image is locked at creation, but it could be that the orientation of the device has changed, or that you rotated the canvas in the window before painting. Rotating the canvas on the screen doesn't rotate the actual contents of the image, it just changes your viewpoint while you paint, so that may have something to do with it.

There isn't a way to specifically lock the canvas but if you turn off the Touch option in the ArtRage Preferences Panel (under Input) that should prevent multitouch gestures from having an effect.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Thanks

Thanks to someonesane for the amazingly quick response. I just viewed the YouTube video and it was excellent. I appreciated the example at the end. I promise I won't pester you for additional tutorials at least not for a while.

Thanks to Mattrage also. I made the change you suggested and I think it's going to work. Artrage 4 has been performing well on the surface pro. I have had some issues with windows 8 but that's probably to be expected.

Cloning tool

Oh thank you, I have only just checked this out. I just couldn't quite see how I would use the tool, for example, I was painting (if you can call it that LOL) a dragon, and wondered if I could reproduce the scales over the whole of the dragon, but it didn't seem to work, it wanted to paint the whole dragon, not just the patterns. So truth is, I couldn't see what scope of the tool could be used for. Thanks. Gwyneth