ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Problem with my CORSAIR RAM 1600 CL10

Problem with my CORSAIR RAM 1600 CL10

Hello dear Artrage-users,

I have problems with my CORSAIR VENGEANCE RAM 1600 CL10 .. my computer did have heavy crashes by prime 95 and sometimes under extensive graphicprogramms (artrage I did have never a crash). I talked ith the pc shop and I can chage that defect RAM.

So I want change my RAM, with RAM without the stupid Headspreeds! Headspreads are in my eyes Nonsense!

So I want change my RAM into KINGSTON VALUE RAM, but my Question are ...

should I use 1333 / CL 9 as frequenzy or will I have a better performance with 1600 / CL11?!

And is it useful to have 32GB? Overkill*? Its the same question like some months ago from me, but I'm sick of my RAM and I want change it 100%!

My CPU is a I7-2600k
    and my Motherboard is from Gigabyte GA-Z68-UD3P-B3

*I Work also with 3D Coat, and other 3D Apps too (e.g. Vue) ... So I need big and fast RAM

That's a heavy duty tech question for an art forum

Try the forums at:

http://www.tomshardware.com/

I think you'll get all the help you need there.

Brett
    Visit my gallery here.

=========

Quote Originally Posted by Zeropainter View Post
    Hello dear Artrage-users,

I have problems with my CORSAIR VENGEANCE RAM 1600 CL10 .. my computer did have heavy crashes by prime 95 and sometimes under extensive graphicprogramms (artrage I did have never a crash). I talked ith the pc shop and I can chage that defect RAM.

So I want change my RAM, with RAM without the stupid Headspreeds! Headspreads are in my eyes Nonsense!

So I want change my RAM into KINGSTON VALUE RAM, but my Question are ...

should I use 1333 / CL 9 as frequenzy or will I have a better performance with 1600 / CL11?!

And is it useful to have 32GB? Overkill*? Its the same question like some months ago from me, but I'm sick of my RAM and I want change it 100%!

My CPU is a I7-2600k
    and my Motherboard is from Gigabyte GA-Z68-UD3P-B3

*I Work also with 3D Coat, and other 3D Apps too (e.g. Vue) ... So I need big and fast RAM
    I read somewhere that the bus of procesor is limited by the freqvency of memory... so i guess that bigger freqvency in RAM means larger bandwith for procesing, wich is crucial in graphic and multitasking operations (but maybe i'm talking rubbish). You need to check this info. As for amount in RAM, someone said: If you do graphics you can never have enough RAM! The bigger your work - larger the filehandling. More layer usage is the same. Maybe you should move this thread to the technical area of the forum. -bigger chances to get right answers there. Good luck.
    I'm the happiest man in the world. I just don't know this, yet.

my gallery: http://members.artrage.com/gallery/32810

Hi Zero
    It really depends on what you need your machine to do. Remember 32bit applications like Artrage can only use a maximum of around 3.5gig of RAM. This means that anything above that amount is spare for running your OS, memory resident apps etc. So if you're only using 32bit applications then yes it's probably overkill.

However if you use 64bit applications like photoshop, painter 12 etc then your application can use all of that ram and more
    "I paint because I love to cut mats" (Arthur Alexander)