ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Adding-up to my tablet. Any ideas?

Gallery
    View images

Adding-up to my tablet. Any ideas?

Now that I got a tablet, I'd like to know if there are any extension options. Example: there are different WACOM pens available:
    1. Is it a good idea to replace the one that came with a device with a more expensive model?
    2. Will it actually do me any good? If so, what benefits might I get with buying a more expensive pen?

Or are there any other extensions that I might buy to make my tablet-life easier?
    ArtRage v3.0.4 Studio
    Wacom Graphire4 Classic XL (White Edition)

Gallery
    View images

Re: Adding-up to my tablet. Any ideas?

Now that I got a tablet, I'd like to know if there are any extension options. Example: there are different WACOM pens available:
    1. Is it a good idea to replace the one that came with a device with a more expensive model?
    2. Will it actually do me any good? If so, what benefits might I get with buying a more expensive pen?

Or are there any other extensions that I might buy to make my tablet-life easier?
    I notice that you have the Graphire 4 like I do. If you go to Wacom's store, you will see that the extra pens are only for the more expensive Intuos tablet and Cintiq:

http://direct.wacom.com/stores/2/Intuos_C24.cfm

There are descriptions there of what each pen does.

The only pen for the Graphire is the one that came with it or a replacement.

Four small tips that can help using a tablet.

1) Even though your tablet is new, spend $5 and order a set of replacement nibs from Wacom. It's good to have them on hand when/if you wear out the nibs. Depending how you draw, you should get anywhere from 6 months plus before the nylon nib becomes worn.

2) I put a standard rubber mouse pad under the top of the tablet. This raises the tablet about 1/4" so that it slopes towards you ever so slightly. Try it and see.

3) Some folks put piece of paper over the tablet so that it feels more like the natural drawing texture.

4) Play around with pen settings in the control panel tablet settings and see what works best for you.

That's about it...

Gallery
    View images

Re: Adding-up to my tablet. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Improv
    I notice that you have the Graphire 4 like I do. If you go to Wacom's store, you will see that the extra pens are only for the more expensive Intuos tablet and Cintiq:

http://direct.wacom.com/stores/2/Intuos_C24.cfm

There are descriptions there of what each pen does.

The only pen for the Graphire is the one that came with it or a replacement.

Four small tips that can help using a tablet.

1) Even though your tablet is new, spend $5 and order a set of replacement nibs from Wacom. It's good to have them on hand when/if you wear out the nibs. Depending how you draw, you should get anywhere from 6 months plus before the nylon nib becomes worn.

2) I put a standard rubber mouse pad under the top of the tablet. This raises the tablet about 1/4" so that it slopes towards you ever so slightly. Try it and see.

3) Some folks put piece of paper over the tablet so that it feels more like the natural drawing texture.

4) Play around with pen settings in the control panel tablet settings and see what works best for you.

That's about it...
    Well, I gues there's not much accessories for the Graphire series then. Ohhh well

Thanks for all the explanation, really DO appreciate that
    ArtRage v3.0.4 Studio
    Wacom Graphire4 Classic XL (White Edition)