ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Ogami

Ogami

The OGAMI book is made from 80% stone, fine ground stone from quarries and the rest is a special resin, industrial waste. 100% recycled waste. It is environmental very safe and is 100% paper free (no trees needed). No water is used producing this paper. The OGAMI paper is silk smooth and very nice to draw and paint on. It is water resistant so watercolour is possible to remove and repaint. It is very interesting to try out. Made in Italy. If you have used it, please tell me what you think. I will publish some image as soon as I heve some to show.

Name:  ogami.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  77.1 KB
    My Art Blog : Pennstreck
    My Instagram: Instagram

Wow Henry, That is very interesting. I've never heard of that before. I plan to look for it online to see if I can get it here in the U.S. Thanks for posting about it.
    Be well,

"Teach, Learn, Thrive"~DM

Quote Originally Posted by Fashmir View Post
    Wow Henry, That is very interesting. I've never heard of that before. I plan to look for it online to see if I can get it here in the U.S. Thanks for posting about it.

In US you can get YUPO Synthetic Papers which is quite similar in feel and function to the OGAMI. I find YUPO a bit hard to get used tobecause it acts quite different from real paper. Warning! I mad the mistake to use my hair dryer after painting with watercolour. It destroyed the paper. But you can wash the paint of with cold water, dry it in the air and start over on a the blank paper. YUPO is ok in many respects. 100% tree free and recycled. I like that.
    My Art Blog : Pennstreck
    My Instagram: Instagram

Thanks Henry. I like products that are better for the environment we share. There is something sort of "full circle" about paper made of stone in this age of mankind.
    Be well,

"Teach, Learn, Thrive"~DM

I have worked on yupo and love it--but this one that you have, Ogami, sounds very interesting. I would be curious to know how well it takes glazes and layers.