ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Storm

Storm

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	night storm.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	93.8 KB 
ID:	74373
    I know it's not very good, but it was fun to draw. Before it's pointed out that rocks aren't brown, it's not supposed to be rocks, it's a dirt bank. Sometimes I think I wasted my money buying artrage, but then I'm drawing for myself, not everybody else. I'll never be a real artist but that's just life. I'm having fun and at my age after all the hurts of a lifetime, I'm entitled to spend money for fun.

The last time I kept an open mind,
    my brain fell out and the dog grabbed it.
    Now it's full of dirt, toothmarks, and dog slobber.
    No more open minds or dogs for me.www.gms9810.com/

who says rocks aren't brown? have you seen every rock in the world??
    I like this a lot
    .................................................. .............................
    There are things that we don't want to happen but have to accept, things we don't want to know but have to learn, and people we can't live without but have to let go.
    Author Unknown

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused

Rocks, dirt, it's your painting. Dark and dangerous with the lightning and heavy clouds. How can you possibly say you shouldn't have bought Art Rage when you're having so much fun ... and improving?

Gms, your storm looks great , I'm having fun doing something I like to do and to me that's all that matters . So keep on painting and posting and enjoy yourself , they are a friendly bunch here and don't forget beauty is in the eye of the looker
    Last edited by justjean; 03-22-2013 at 04:19 PM.

... this painting rocks ...
    xiěy, n. freehand brushwork, spontaneous expression
    Artrage Gallery
    / Leaning Tree Ink Studio

Exclamation

Gee. Thanks man you make. Me. Feel. Young

I find the painting dynamic, full of energy, tension, and movement. The clouds are awesome in their imposing solidity. The dirt bank is very well balanced both for color in the composition, and to give a sense of depth as my eyes are drawn to the clouds. And the subtle brown and green of the porch and grass are VERY well balanced and a surprising touch in this otherwise black and white depiction. There is a lot going on here to make this a fine effort. It's quite successful.
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4

Very cool! Love the luminosity being generated and lighting the clouds from within. . . like the mark of God talking in a Cecil B DeMille epic. I really like the drama of this. Strong.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

This is a fabulous painting Gms! I just love the thunder head cloud.

And Yes, rocks can be brown. If in doubt who ever told you that should visit the Grand Canyon, the Painted Desert, the Bad Lands, and the Wisconsin Dells just to name a few examples of multicolored rock banding.
    Aunt Betsy

My Zazzle store:
    Aunt Betsy's Celebration Art

Only the lightning might need some enhancement but the whole is great. And fun is far more important in creation than output, and as so if you look how God made us, you realize that makes him smile a lot.