Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Pai's Abstract & Doodling (Updated Nov21, 2019)

Thanks so much Dakey. I love it too. It's finished and I gifted it to my friend.

One night I was having an evening walk and looking up the street light just outside my house. So I waited until later time that most people already went to bed and went outside to feel the mood around this street light. It has been in my head about a week and happy I can find time to sketch it out today.

99% oil brush and just pencil a little on edge and then little airbrush for the light rays around the street light

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sep25-2017-c.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	85.8 KB 
ID:	93862

Wow, Pai. This is something of a new look for you. It's quite striking. I love the smooth painterly quality. I believe it communicates the exact feeling of quiet nighttime. I remember when I was a teenager, when street lamps were still this softer amber color, that in the stillness of the night I would go out onto the street and soak up this tone. You really brought back that feeling for me. Thanks.

Very successful.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Las últimas obras son espectaculares!!!
    Felicitaciones!

The latest works are spectacular !!!
    Congratulations!
    Regards from Chile
    "El arte no reproduce lo visible. Lo hace visible" Paul Klee

Aww, thanks so much as well as your encouragement as always, Dakey. I am happy it brought back memories for you. Maybe now I am also painting on canvas, it really helps me to see the similarity/differences between digital and real painting.

Thanks for your kind words, damasocl

Last few weeks have been working on this painting and this one really kind of driving me nuts..haha..and still having fun to learn it. If anyone can shed some light for me, please feel free too. I think still have long way to go until it is finished.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mountainmist.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	221.0 KB 
ID:	93943

Cool. Changing media really makes it a different game, doesn't it. I like your work in the real world as well as your computer stuff.

Interesting how you have the segments of water cut off from each other -- like different worlds existing in the same space. Very interesting. Dramatic, majestic and beautiful.

Always a treat seeing what you paint, Pai. Keep going.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

What were you going for? What about it is driving you nuts?

here a trad there a trad go Gal Go Kual le SHENTI jainkang HASTA LA VISTA SLAINTE

Pai,
    I love your experimenting with the sticker spray, custom brushes, oil paint, etc., {on the previous page =
    "Early Morning " & play with AR}.
    The custom brush is really a wonderful new addition.
    I also enjoyed your quiet evening walk, the painting brings out a serene mood.
    Abby-Helen

pai, these are such beautiful paintings,your experimenting is so interesting, love all of them