Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Pai's Abstract & Doodling (Updated Nov21, 2019)

Enjoyed catching up Pai....Interesting and fascinating trip for sure!
    I really like the emerging face painting....very very cool! You know
    I have a perference for this type of imagery....Really like it!
    Take care and best wishes,
    Steve

Wow.... what a wonderful thread pai!!! Just gone forth and back through it looking at all your images I've missed. What a range of styles. Looking at this last one, i had somehow similar thoughts as DAkey, to me this last one is a wanderer between dreams and reality, woken up temporaily but more and more drawn into the abyss of his dreams. Strong image. Brilliant paintings in here pai!!

Wrote you a pm, but your mailbox seems stuffed.

Pai, what a great collection! I'm impressed by you rich imagination and skilful use of the technical resources of the programme

hi Caesar, haha, i really don't know what mood i was when i did that strange head :P ..guessed strange mood then

hello Dakey, you always so good when using words to describe my works that somehow and sometimes i didn't even notice that. Smiles. Strangely enough when you mentioned Einstein, it is also my brother's offical birth certificate name too. Yes, probably you were right. I was in absent mind. Thanks so much for your encouraging words

Thanks a lot, pat. Sometimes I found out my works recently quite messy. haha.

hi Steve, glad you like this kind of imagined journey doodles well, i have too many in head just can't do it right yet..haha. thanks for dropping by.

haha, sorry, Belvrog, I never cleaned out my inbox for such long time (maybe years ) i did now just deleted few. thanks for viewing my doodles thread. hope you won't find so silly messy stuffs.

hello Nika, thanks so much for taking time and viewing this thread like Belvrog. i am happy to see you back and see your great protrait works again

I think awhile back or even longer time ago. I mentioned that I would like to have a virtual little art studio. So finally I have set up one with my friend helping me to build the building. Mostly I do the decoration inside. Here just a snapshot view of how it looks. I mostly handed out some past works I did in Artrage in early years and few new ones.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	studio-01_001a.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	376.1 KB 
ID:	82167

Name:	studio-02_001a.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	382.2 KB 
ID:	82168

Beautiful, , I really like, but too big for me. I would spend all my time in the small space, upstairs.
    I not sure if Google Translate is my true friend...

Wow, so amazing, Pai. I love this.

Thanks Ostogar and Sandy. Actually the studio is not very big though, it's just the way the angle I took wide and little bit aerial angle too. so you feel it's big

just a quickie just now...not sure where i am going in this one, maybe you all can suggest

Name:	aug0514_01.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	155.1 KB 
ID:	82327

What a clever way to show a traditional studio drawing in process. I love the playing with perspective as if it's on slabs of concrete. Very evocative.

Also missed commenting on the 3D artists space. Wouldn't that be nice! Wow!!! They say we can print out working circuit boards on a printer. They can fabricate guns from plastic using a computer. Why not make it where we can create work spaces du jour for artists, customized based on whim or style like this one you did, and then break it down at the end of the day, and then reconstruct a completely different kind of studio (say a Renaissance artist's studio) the next morning. All very futuristic!

Fun stuff.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Commnent on the 4th one A Calla Lilly Sand Dune

Pai, considering you were listening to music while painting this one, this image looks like something that would fit well on a CD cover for a Hearts of Space recording artist. Nice flow and movement in this one.

Looking at the virtual studio images, I have to ask this question. These came from your imagination or an actual painting (or photo manipulation) of the real thing?

One thing you might consider in this studio is some sort of environment control like humidifier/ dehumidifier/air conditioning.

I have not worked with natural media paints since the 1980's yet did many works of such back in the 1960's, 1970's, and 1980's. One of the most frustrating things to deal with especially in the weather conditions where I live as opposed to a dry desert that is relatively consistent in weather patterns is the drying effect on paintings in combination with lacquers and thinners. I had many paintings ruined and learned from years of trial and error how certain weather conditions may effect the consistency of the canvas surface while drying: thinners, lacquers, and sealants. Has the potential to leave hot spot glare streaks with oil paints. Of course you may have acrylics there in this image or water colors.
    This problem is most likely dependent upon where you live and the weather patterns.

That is one thing you do not have to worry about with digital artwork, instead you have technical problems yet these normally do not effect your images especially if you are diligent in keeping back up support.
    Last edited by Stephen Lo Piano; 08-06-2014 at 08:29 AM.
    I have a personally designed artwork gallery website at: www.stephenlopiano.com
    There is one section full of pages there under the Digital Artwork category that is devoted entirely to paintings I have created with Art Rage.