Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 LastLast

Thread: Pai's Abstract & Doodling (Updated Nov21, 2019)

Hi. I just must say I like this pictures very much, I hope so I will paint like that some day, it is for deep soul paintings. Thank you for share.

Thanks so much Dakey. I am still working on this painting. I hope to finish soon and then will post it here. There are more in the painting

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Cool. Changing media really makes it a different game, doesn't it. I like your work in the real world as well as your computer stuff.

Interesting how you have the segments of water cut off from each other -- like different worlds existing in the same space. Very interesting. Dramatic, majestic and beautiful.

Always a treat seeing what you paint, Pai. Keep going.

There are many areas that difficult for me in real painting on canvas. The first one is the waves and different water color blending. I have repainted few times. Then the mountains behind to show the depth of distance between mountains too. haha, it's hard and also so much fun to see how I have progressed on this. Thanks a lot for dropping by

Quote Originally Posted by DarkOwnt View Post
    What were you going for? What about it is driving you nuts?

And, thanks so much Mr. Eighty, abby-Helen, pat , and Tijana for leaving such kind and encouraging words. Glad you all having fun viewing my doodlings

I just did a quick fun 15 mins abstract autumn doodle with sticker spray, custom brushes, maybe it will be look better when view further.haha Happy Autumn

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	abstract-autumn.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	212.6 KB 
ID:	94028

Alas I don't live where the seasons change in a particularly visual way. So your painting is the closest I'm going to get to seeing some natural autumn colors. Everything out here is what's not the color of concrete and asphalt is painted beige. So your painting is most appreciated! Nice one. Looks like a rushing river of autumn colors. I love it.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Hi Dakey, thanks so much dropping by on my last too lousy doodles..haha. It's true. I was feeling I want to capture and play with those autumn colors which I see last few weeks on the road. So came up with something silly.

I knew I should get sometimes to work on computer painting again. Have been busy trying all real life painting to get a feel between my brush strokes and paint and everything else especially "Oil paint". I love it. Here is my first try with palette knife only with oil paint. Just found a reference online and tried it out. I would say "l Love using palette knife". However, I use Artrage a lot to test my sketches and color palette. I would say very very useful for me.

Name:	summer sail.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	304.3 KB 
ID:	94132

This one is more my style of color palette. I think. Just reused an old canvas board to repaint something new. This one is only arcylic.

Name:	winter swamp.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	335.8 KB 
ID:	94134
    Last edited by pai; 11-07-2017 at 10:17 AM.

hi. pai. I just like the trad boat scene. I feel as if your twisting
    my arm. To make me. paint trad again in arcylic as picked up a cheap. Box of twelve so might try. Ok. SHENTI Jainkang. SLAINTE

So cool. Looks like you're having fun by painting in the normal world. Acrylic is less toxic and it's convenient in how it dries, something tells me you would probably do very well with oil paints as the look and method of painting might mirror your digital painting style more. Because it stays wet for a while, you can do a lot of blending and wet into wet. The trouble comes from it being bad for you if you have to breathe it inside a confined apartment or room. It's on of the reasons I stopped using oils.

A happy medium is gouache (opaque watercolors). It's more fragile than plastic acrylics, but it allows for blending. The paints also dry different than when they're wet. So you have to adjust to that as well.
    Last edited by D Akey; 11-09-2017 at 08:26 AM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Hi Mr. Eighty, have you tried it then after you posted your reply. I think it will be fun to try out. Haha

Yes, you have nailed it right, Mr. Dakey. I really love oil painting but it's so hard. haha...also you were right about the smell in the room. Maybe after few oil paintings, I will just use acrylic instead, I read about there are now many medium can use to make acrylic looks like oil. May try it out sometimes.

Finally I have let go of this one. It has been painted for over a month now. I repainted the whole sky again...haha... Too slow.

Name:	IMG_7061.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	415.5 KB 
ID:	94271

So I did have time to paint in Artrage and as usual custom brushes and oil paint and pencil.

Name:	nov25-18-01.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	293.8 KB 
ID:	94272