ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: The Clone Tool

The Clone Tool

Hi,

The Clone tool is difficult to use (for me). I find it works... or not.

Why not use right-click for the Clone Source and left-click to paint on the desired place?
    Yes, "Pourquoi faire simple quand on peut faire compliqué?!"
    Windows 10 - Surface
    ArtRage 5
    Draw and paint with a simple corded mouse.
    My gallery: http://500px.com/cb6973

Thanks for the suggestion. We avoid right click as it is already used when right clicking on the canvas to bring up a menu relating to canvas functions including going to workbench mode, which would then be disabled when using this particular tool.

To set a clone source, after selecting the tool, click on an area. Where you next paint will copy from that area. To set a new clone source, alt + click on a location. We've used a similar standard to other graphics apps for familiarity.

If you're finding you're having any problems with the clone tool, please email me at support@artrage.com with the details and I'll be glad to help directly.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Hi,

Thank you for your message. To tell you eveything, I use a super click-n-type virtual keyboard by lake software. I created a macro to use the clone tool on F8. To set a clone source, after selecting F8, I click on an area. Then, I realize I must depress the macro key (if I don't do it, it doesn't work) and use alt + click to set a new clone source. Now, everything is OK, phew! Thank you!
    Windows 10 - Surface
    ArtRage 5
    Draw and paint with a simple corded mouse.
    My gallery: http://500px.com/cb6973