ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: A Gift to ChinaPete

A Gift to ChinaPete

Can you read my writing?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	test16a.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	167.0 KB 
ID:	74284  

Zia Jian

Actually. . . I think it's where the treasure is buried.

And it looks like mystery in artistic expression LIVES!!!!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Oh, I see it is "jing" -- peace, tranquillity Thank you, Pai! You have a very sophisticated style, like the early and famous calligrapher, Wang Xizhi!

Wow, thank you Pai! I think it is a "blessing" (fu) in xingshu, anyway I will be happy to take it as one ...
    Last edited by chinapete; 03-21-2013 at 05:23 AM.
    xiěy, n. freehand brushwork, spontaneous expression
    Artrage Gallery
    / Leaning Tree Ink Studio

I was reading all the discussion on critique, "How to blend smoothly using oil brush?" http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...sing-oil-brush , then I read about Pete mentioned chinese Calligraphy and culture differences or some i may not totally understand.

Then an image just popped up, so I did this quickie for you, Pete.

The word is (i actually googled quick to see how to use pingyin to type simple word, i don't know much about pingyin). Mostly I saw your art works too so I thought of that word.

Hi Mr. Eighty..haha, that is a chinese character means "quiet" or "peace" , I think the translation, maybe Pete can explain more for you if you're interested. thanks for looking in

Hello D Akey, haha, not sure is treasure or not. No more mystery now. I explained the meaning. artistic i bet the pro chinese Calligraphy writers will give me a smack on my head, say what is that ! ..haha. One thing I know about is my chinese writing tends towards to "Cursive or Running" script. Thanks for checking it out

Wonderful Pai - and a nice follow-up touch coming off the thread, and Pete's solid contribution to it. Meanwhile, if any of those guru caligraphy writers smack you upside the head, you smack 'em right back.
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4

I'm sure the word is a good one coming from you Pai and love that brush it is so alive

haha, Bryon, no, it's not going to get violent .. i will just have to keep learning better

thanks so much, Sandy and justjean