ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Different for me...oils

Different for me...oils

My first foray into oils (or at least anything I want to post..I am shy ya know lol) Your opinions are always appreciated ...it's a bit more 'raw' for want of a better word, than most I do..

Name:  RED MOUNTAIN.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  42.7 KB

.................................................. .............................
    There are things that we don't want to happen but have to accept, things we don't want to know but have to learn, and people we can't live without but have to let go.
    – Author Unknown

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused

Great solidity in those mountains

I think you did really well.

A farmer would look at this and think this is going to be filled with life in no time.

For a city dweller like myself, this looks a rather bleak place. I mean always nice to push paint around. But feel free to toss in some color. The palette ain't coming to dear.

I can tell you're just thawing out. Spring will happen . . . er in less than a few hours now. Then BINGO! Go MOOSIE!!!!!!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Really your first oil. Very nice brush strokes and color platter. And, I like how you use the frosted platte knife to create the waves. Opinion? I want more..haha

Wonderful first ioil effort Moosie. Akey has some good observations - don't be afraid to throw some color at it. As you play with these you might put more attention on composition. It's cool and bold that you are venturing out. Go Moosie.
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4

Great first go with the oils, that's a tool I haven't done much with , does not seem to want to do what I want it to

Thats very good for your first trip down the oils route. Well done and more please
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

It came out well and that comes from someone who has never gone the oil route as yet.
    Geoff