ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: ArtRage 4 Keeps "Quitting Unexpectedly"

ArtRage 4 Keeps "Quitting Unexpectedly"

Have had ArtRage 4 for a couple of weeks, it keeps 'quitting unexpectedly' and losing work before I've had a chance to save it - how do I solve this? Cheers

I've had this happen to me a couple of times too..all of a sudden the programme has crashed..

ps - I'm using an Apple iMac that has 16gb of memory

Hi wossnim,
    Not sure I can throw any light on your particular problem as such.
    On my Mac so far AR4 has been rock steady. So I'm thinking its something specific to your system maybe.
    When it crashes do you get the Apple crash report window pop up? If so, I would suggest you copy the contents of that and email it to AR Support with any additional info like what you were doing/had just done etc… at the time.
    You might also open Console in your Utilities folder and look for any past crash reports in there and send those as well. There may be a recurring theme.
    Last edited by markw; 03-20-2013 at 12:05 PM.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

Definitely if you get a crash on OS X please copy the crash report and paste it into an email to support@artrage.com. In your email, let us know what you were doing at the time, and if possible how large your painting was and how many layers. We can then take a look at the information and help.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Thanks the advice, Mark and Dave I'll bear that in mind

*I also use a Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch tablet for artrage, wondering if the problem could be something to do with the settings on that?

I've seen crashes before with driver problems but that's generally on Windows systems, so as long as your Wacom drivers are up to date ( I'd recommend downloading the latest version from their website at www.wacom.com if not ) I don't think it's likely to be a tablet driver related problem. Settings shouldn't be an issue with crashing, more how the tablet is working with the application. Thanks for the info though!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design