ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xara Xtreme 5 - Free until April 29, 2013

Xara Xtreme 5 - Free until April 29, 2013

Just found this while surfing the web....

http://www.xara.com/us/specialoffers/designer/

Offer ends 29th April 2013.

Xara Xtreme is the perfect graphics tool for all your drawing, photo and design needs. Whether you want to create illustrations, edit your photos, layout a brochure or create some web graphics, Xara Xtreme's fast and easy to use design tools make it a pleasure to be creative.
    Now you can get Xara Xtreme 5 for FREE! Yes, it's true, completely free, no charge whatsover! This is the full download version of Xara Xtreme 5, as previously sold for $89!
    You can read a bit more about what was new in v1 - v5, but why not just download it now for free and give it a try!
    The offer will only last until 29th April 2013, so don't hesitate!

Thanks Ken! I downloaded Xara Photo and Graphics Designer 6 when they offered it for free before. Do you know if these one is more photo editor? I'm downloading it as I type. No need to miss out on good software when you can get it.

I've just recently started using Xara PGD6 for making 3D stickers. It does 3D better than my CorelDraw so I'm having a good time playing with it. I don't like the interface as much as CorelDraw, but I've been working with CorelDraw sense Windows was 3.0 so I'm a little prestigious about it.

I had to beef up my skills with Xara because I'm helping someone learn how to do vectors to make into stickers and they had Xara PGD 2013 to work with.

Thanks again for the alert.
    Aunt Betsy

My Zazzle store:
    Aunt Betsy's Celebration Art

I didn't download it yet as I found out about it while I was at work... I'm home now so will do it now....

I've tried downloading it 3 times now. I keep getting kicked off before it finishes. I try late tonight or very early in the morning. Around three or four in the morning here seems like the best time for downloading large files. They must have just put this up recently because I'm sure I checked their free download site just a couple of days ago. There is probably a lot of downloading going on right now if they just recently posted it. This file is much larger than Xara Photo and Graphic Designer 6 it is just under 60Mb, this one is 225Mb.
    Aunt Betsy

My Zazzle store:

Well I finally got it all downloaded and installed. I'm a little disappointed because is said on the Xara website the it could import and export PDF files. It even said it in the help files. The PDF filter is not there.

If anyone else can find it please post it here. I was hoping that Bobbyray could us it for doing the ArtRageUS magazine, but I don't think it is possible now.
    Aunt Betsy

My Zazzle store:

Quote Originally Posted by Aunt_Betsy View Post
    Well I finally got it all downloaded and installed. I'm a little disappointed because is said on the Xara website the it could import and export PDF files. It even said it in the help files. The PDF filter is not there.

If anyone else can find it please post it here. I was hoping that Bobbyray could us it for doing the ArtRageUS magazine, but I don't think it is possible now.
    The only thing i saw related to PDF was within the print function, you can choose there to PRINT to Adobe PDF, and print it (so it is transformig you page into a pdf documet... Ta-daaaa!)
    Thank you verry much for the tip Aunt_Betsy

Quote Originally Posted by Orkhan View Post
    The only thing i saw related to PDF was within the print function, you can choose there to PRINT to Adobe PDF, and print it (so it is transformig you page into a pdf documet... Ta-daaaa!)
    aaaaaand kenmo too

Quote Originally Posted by Orkhan View Post
    Thanks for checking this out Orkhan.

I figured out what the problem was. There was a incompatibility problem with Windows 7. I right mouse clicked on the program icon and ran "Troubleshot Comparability" and the PDF showed up in the import and export lists. So far all the import and export issues seem to be fixed. I haven't tested them all yet, but the ones I have are now working.

I just tested it with CorelDraw files. It still will not import them, but I can copy and paste. A dialog box shows up and I can select some import options.
    Last edited by Aunt_Betsy; 03-22-2013 at 05:31 AM.
    Aunt Betsy

My Zazzle store:

Quote Originally Posted by Aunt_Betsy View Post

I've used Xara designer for years. Right now I have 5 and 7 but only use 7. 5 will edit pdfs wonderfully, it's the only thing I use to edit them.

The last time I kept an open mind,
    my brain fell out and the dog grabbed it.
    Now it's full of dirt, toothmarks, and dog slobber.
    No more open minds or dogs for me.www.gms9810.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Gms9810 View Post
    I've used Xara designer for years. Right now I have 5 and 7 but only use 7. 5 will edit pdfs wonderfully, it's the only thing I use to edit them.
    Thanks for the info Gms! I have CorelDraw that can do it too, but I wanted to recommend the program to one of my nieces so she could have a program to help her finish up her collage credits doing a marketing internship focusing on internet advertising and social media. Being able to do PDF can help a lot. Being able to do it with a free program is even better. Now that I figured out the little Windows 7 compatibility issue she will be good to go.
    Aunt Betsy

My Zazzle store: