ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Photo Restoration

Photo Restoration

I had a job given to me this morning to restore this photo...

Attachment 74249

To this image.

Attachment 74250

The polo pony and the man in pink have just been inducted into the Polo Hall of Fame, and the only photo to be had of this pony, who is now long gone, and the man, who is now severely disabled and not able to ride, was the top one and the pink shirted image from another photo.

That's his dad in the purple shirt.

Not Art Rage, but Photoshop, which I am experienced in this sort of thing, but I'd thought I'd show it, 'cos I'm pretty chuffed!

You did a great job, I use ver#7 of PSP ( an oldie but a goodie) when I do this kinda of thing

So what you're saying that's 'is fadder on 'is mudder?
    Sure looks like the photo was left beside the race track with all the splashes of mud. But of course the polo ponies could kick a bit around too, I'm sure.

Have fun with it and take your time cause it looks like there's not too much space to clone from.

And congrats on the job! Prestige. Definitely have your before and after pics if you want work doing restoration. Nobody will be able to doubt your skill if you pull this one off.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

That's it Mr Akey! Job's done. I'll show you the other pic I took it from.

Attachment 74257

It took a while as I had to change his outside arm, blend him with the dad's trousers and legs, rebuild the polo stickie thingie (?), and put a ball onto the ground for him to bat.
    The pony's been turned around to allow him to address the ball, and the grass area at the bottom has been cloned to balance the composition.

Great fun, and I got paid for it!

What a challenge! But you rose to it. Selecting and cloning in Photoshop is really handy, but hard to do well. You are an ace! No chance of your efforts appearing on th Photoshop Disasters website!!
    My personal blog Slices of my life.

Thank you Lin! They are thrilled, and it will be blown up on a big screen for the presentation, so my PhotoZoom Pro had a job to do as well.

Love technology!!
    Last edited by copespeak; 03-20-2013 at 01:20 PM.

Whow, I admire your job! Very nice restoration.