ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Blend Modes - Normal

Red face Blend Modes - Normal

Hi Guys

Following a most interesting link by Screen painter

http://blogs.adobe.com/jkost/tag/blend-modes

I followed this up assiduously (not a lot of people know how to do this)

and I enclose here a little test bed in AR to test out the theories of RGB manipulation and whats really going on

This may bore the paint brushes off some palettes but I'll

start with Normal Mode and see if anyone is surprised (I was)

Ive also done Multiply (easy when u know) and Colour Burn - interesting result

and I can work my way down the rest of the modes

(Shock Horror I cant upload a .ptg AR pix or a psd, so this cant be shared)

Oh well I tried

Does anyone know how to share a ptg

Robbin
    Last edited by robint; 03-19-2013 at 05:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by robint View Post
    Does anyone know how to share a ptg
    I don't believe it can be done via the forums attachment manager (it only accepts certain file types, like .jpg, .png and only up to a certain size). You'll need to use an offsite file hosting service. I've had good results with DropBox.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Talking Drop box is a type of facebook

I cant use this app as it requires other viewers to download and install drop box also to share the file- well I wouldnt do it. Its not like Flikr for example

Cheers

Robin

Talking struggling with DA

will this work

yes it did - but the page template can only be in psd format as DA wont allow ptg files

but the page seemed to open normally

here's the txt for the tuorial, sorry its all a bit ragged, like me after messing about for 2 hours trying to find a way to host a (non image) file

Excercises

New file 300x300px @72dpi (approx)
    Background white fill

Create 2 transparent layers named bottom and top

In the Bottom layer using rect marquee tool draw a central square approx half area,
    use fill tool + colour window F6 and choose red = 200, set G and B = 0, Fill marque with red colour value

Copy this to top layer and change colour to 210, Move shape sideways to overlap bottom by half

Set background visibility to off (xparent)

Normal Blend

The top colour superimposes completely on the bottom colour
    change fill/opacity to 50% and notice the blend colour is now 205
    Swap over colour values so top is now 200 and the bottom layer is 210, the top colour this is now predominant
    Notice that reducing opacity 50% still gives 205

And a 25% opacity give 202

switch on backgournd white, notice that the bottom and blend colours stay 200 and 205 but the 50%opacity on the top layer is now blended with white 255 to give 232 mean value

Notice another anomaly, if the opacity of a layer is reduced with a transparent background, the rgb value stays the same as seen by the eye dropper (doesnt look the same at all to the eye?

Also, when importing a psd file you will have to reset the colours slightly back to 200 and 210 cos the conversion process mucks about a bit

Use the Eyedropper and flick between work bench to get RGB values, then paint the corrected colour back in the boxes - nuisance but there it is

phew

http://fav.me/d5yjhju

Last edited by robint; 03-19-2013 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by robint View Post
    I cant use this app as it requires other viewers to download and install drop box also to share the file- well I wouldnt do it. Its not like Flikr for example

Cheers

Robin
    It doesn't require that other people have an account; that's only to share folders. I'm pretty sure downloading the desktop program for it is also optional, seeing as I use the online site for uploading files when I'm not at home.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

I dont know

Hi SS

I couldnt work out how to do it without dl and installing a 30Meg app????????

Not as simple as uploading a file and post the link somewhere else, as I have done on this forum

I think there must be security issues with unknown file extensions - figures

But I found how to do it using DA forum, so problem solved - i think

Cheers

Robin