ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jam Session Sketch

Jam Session Sketch

Sketch phase for a piece I'm currently working on. I've been absent for a year or so. A lot of other distractions -- mostly bass playing and driving my son to his various music lessons and performances -- have kept me away. Good to see many familiar names still involved!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jam session sketch.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	367.5 KB 
ID:	74146

Here we go: the musicians playing themselves into beautiful colours... that must be Al's work. So happy to see you Al, hope everything gets back on track again.

So good to see you and your great work again Al, hope all it well and keep them coming
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Strong gritty work. Great colours!

Welcome back Al. I like this one just the way it is now. Very good!
    My real name is Neal Gilbertson, AKA Gilbert Neilson, AKA Jibes.
    I'm a musician too. Please come hear my music at:
    http://www.icompositions.com/artists/jibes

Even though it gives it a more graphic arts feel, I really do think the line works very well with the intensity of your color work. I've seen both with and without line now, and the line certainly makes it more an easy read. Color, I've found, in settings were there was limited light often lose something, depending on many things, like the temperature of the room light and so on. And that could work or not. But with the line you will always have the essence clearly there for the viewer.

I once saw an episode of Jacques Clouseau (documentary style underwater nature travel logs/explorations) and I recall one in which one of the crew went underwater to paint the marvelous colors on a tropical reef (a sort of soggy plein aire effort). The problem was that they fell apart to the eye once out of the context of the water. And I don't think he sold anything in the gallery show that was the end of that episode. Anyway, I always look at that as the most extreme lighting situation for painting I ever heard of.

Anyway, I like this a lot and I think it captures the feeling you're after.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

somehow without knowing your name, when i clicked on this image and saw it, right away, i remember you. the color the lines are so familiar. even just a sketch, i hear those music in it. welcome back

Hi, Al! The way to go with the kid... Nice art.