ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Cursor stuttering

Cursor stuttering

Hi, i just bought ArtRage 4 on steam and so far i am liking it. I have one big problem though that frustrates me a lot.

Whenever i just hover brush over canavas, the cursor goes in a sort of stuttering low-framerate movement. As soon as i start a stroke, brush is perfectly fluid, but when i just hover over canvas, the brush is slow and stutters. This really breaks the feeling of working with a fluid software as well as my concentration.

Also, when i change cursor mode to precise, due to this problem, precise cursor completely disappears when in motion.

I am running an updated Windows 8, GeForce GTX670 with latest drivers and Core i7 870 CPU with 16GB of ram.

Edit: Tool cursors are working fine and are perfectly fluid when hovering over canvas. It is only precise and outline cursors which exercise this behavior. Tool cursors are a bit annoying to use for some serious work, though

Any ideas how to solve this problem?
    Last edited by rawalanche; 03-17-2013 at 12:32 AM.

Found some more problems... When i try to drag color selector in color wheel, i click and hold, and UI freezes, and i see the result only when i end my click. So i do not see it in realtime as long as i keep the button held down. Same happens with ALT+click color picker when i am in a brush tool. It freezes, and only when i release my mouse button i see an update...

Now this is interesting... if i click while my cursor is in motion, tools like color picker wheel or color picking tool in brush mode work in realtime. But if i do a click with my cursor stationary, and then start moving, UI is frozen and i do not see any changes until i release button.

Sorry for the slow reply on this! That's really odd behaviour, could you get in touch with us at support@artrage.com and we can look in to it. We're not seeing that behaviour on Win8 here so we're going to need to go through some troubleshooting steps.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Hi,

ArtRage problems was a last drop in the ocean of issues so i lost my patience and downgraded back to Windows 7 once i found out i can not even properly disable annoying pen feedback features in Windows 8.

After downgrade, the freezing issues are gone, only cursor stuttering when hovering issue remains. I will be sure to contact you on tech support.

Thank you,
    Ludvik.