ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: This is what I came up with: Birches

This is what I came up with: Birches

I'm just getting in to digital painting, kind of as another interest cuz I spend most of my time pursuing music. Some birch trees. I'm debating whether or not I want to add some branches. I seem happy with the way they look now, I may just leave them be and call it done.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Birches.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	331.4 KB 
ID:	74040  

I love it when it blends with strong colours, you get those vibrant mixes! It livens up the paintings big time.

A real color feast.

It's an interesting traditional painting thing to speculate on whether branches would look good or not. And therein lies one of the benefits of digital painting. Try it. If it works, great. If not, no big deal because you will have saved this version. And/or you could use layers that can be deleted or undone.

Do I personally think they would help? Hahah. Not sure within the context of this boldness of strokes. The areas that you have that harmonic color bleed through are so lively and scattered that branches might get lost. So perhaps your judgement to not include branches was correct in this context. But like I mentioned before, it would be easy and undo-able to check to know for certain.

I do like what you're doing with your color I must say.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

I really love how you use the color on this painting especially how you applied different colorful brush strokes on the birches. Very nice painting

Nice brush strokes and colour

A fine painting indeed. Simple, effective composition and a harmonic palette painted by confident strokes.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

This is so painterly, well done
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307