ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: How do I set up my graphics tablet with ArtRage?

How do I set up my graphics tablet with ArtRage?

I suspect either my tablet or some settings in ArtRage may not be set up properly. Aren't you supposed to get a different looking brushstroke depending on how you tilt the graphics pen? I'm getting the same looking brushstroke regardless of how I tilt the pen.

I got a Wacom Intuos 4 Tablet.

Hi 357mag,
    Currently not all of AR4's tools support tilt but they're working on it!
    This post http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...812#post436812 I think lists the most of the tools so far that use it.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

What about pressure sensitivity? When I press down firmly I get the same stroke as I do when I go really lightly. Something seems off.

Pressure behaves differently depending on the tool you are using. To check that it's working, select the Ink Pen and make a stroke with varying pressure. The stroke should change size as you paint. Other tools react to pressure in different ways, for example the oil brush will vary size but not as much.

If you don't see a pressure difference then the first thing to check is that your input settings are correct: Open the Preferences Panel from the Edit Menu and in the Input section make sure that Use Wintab is turned on, Use Realtime Stylus is turned off. That will tell ArtRage to look only for data coming in via the Wacom tablet system. If that still doesn't help, make sure that you have the latest drivers for your Wacom tablet installed then, if the problem persists, contact us at support@artrage.com (let us know what operating system you are using) and we should be able to help.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

I installed newer drivers plus I set the settings as you suggested. It appears to be functioning much better now.

I noticed that when you use the ink pen and scribble something and then lift the pen, a fraction of a second later your image shrinks. Is there a reason for this behavior?

If the Smoothing slider is turned up in tool settings for the ink pen it will be post-processing your stroke to smooth the path. That can cause the stroke to shrink down.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Open ArtRage.

Open the Wacom Tablet Properties.

Where it says Applications click on the + sign and Add ArtRage.

Apply settings to suit the software you are using for tip feel and tilt sensitivity.

Once you have made settings, these can be saved by opening the Wacom Tablet Preferences and save the settings.