ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: auto save

auto save

Hi ALL

Is there a way of providing an autosave (ctrl S) function say every 5 mins for work on screen

This is a real bugbear in PS and its so easy when you are on a roll for a half hour to fly by and you forget to save (I use an egg timer cos PS doesnt want to give you an autosave in case it causes even more crashes)

If this might be an issue with AR, then a simple pop up would suffice, better than losing your last work (im sure we've all been there)

Cheers

Robin

Art Rage does auto save, go into Edit> Preferences> Advanced> see Store Backup Files....

Attachment 74005

Question sp 3.5.5 demo

I dont have preferences advanced

what version are you using?

I am having a horrendous time, wasted 6 hours so far trying to get hold of AR4 having duly paid for it and fought my way round thier awful buggy website which some dysfunctional nerd put together to seriously annoy new customers

I still havent got my AR4

will have to wait till NZ wakes up to my sulphurous messages of frustration

GRRRR

Robin

Your problems will be sorted out, I guarantee. These guys are terrific!

If you're getting AR 4, this option will be there for you to set up.

website

CS

thanx for the encouragement. I could fill an a4 sheet with the number of errors on their site and their on line shop. It is the worst I have seen for years

I will be patient but not very forgiving cos in 2013 these kind of elementary mistakes should not be made (not if you expect a customer to part with his money)

fingers x'd

Robin

Actually the process should pretty simple, the confusion appears to have arisen partially because the online store has their own private user account system. To upgrade to ArtRage 4 (as per the FAQ) you just need to create a member account and register your serial number, then click the Upgrade button and complete the purchase at the store - No login is required at the store but they offer one in case you want to keep records of your purchases with them together.

It sounds like you had a lot of problems with some odd security systems in your browser (for example you mentioned believing that we require you to be trackable by Facebook or something, which isn't the case). In general we've not seen problems like these before or we would certainly have addressed them. For most users (even with security) the process is pretty smooth. It does look like you've resolved them now.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

its not an autosave

Quote Originally Posted by copespeak View Post
    Art Rage does auto save, go into Edit> Preferences> Advanced> see Store Backup Files....

Attachment 74005

Hi CS

having now got AR4 I find the feature will only create and auto matic backup file up to the number specified (26 max) only when you do a manual save

What I wante was something that would autosave by itself (just like MS Word or Xcel does btw)

maybe just keep to my egg timer (if I remeber to turn it over)

Robin

We have discussed auto save before but due to the potential for disruption on larger files we decided to go with an auto backup system instead.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Smile pop up

Hi Matt

my alternate proposal (partially available for PS, is to use a simple JS pop up that just reminds you to Ctrl S

a small annoyance compared to losing track of time and possibly lots of work (as in PS which can freeze suddenly as we all know)

I interested I can post a little free widget I found for PS

Robin