ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Something for Chinapete.

Something for Chinapete.

I thought of chinapete when I saw these, interesting stuff.

http://io9.com/5989771/striking-pain...s-of-the-brain

Nervy stuff. . .
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Hi Neil,

Thank you so much for the link ... The mapping looks familiar! I'm reminded too of Michelangelo's painting of God in the act of creating Adam, and how the divine intelligence in the form of the human brain -- something a scientist noticed a few years ago ...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    xiěyž, n. freehand brushwork, spontaneous expression
    Artrage Gallery
    / Leaning Tree Ink Studio

Quote Originally Posted by chinapete View Post
    Hi Neil,

Thank you so much for the link ... The mapping looks familiar! I'm reminded too of Michelangelo's painting of God in the act of creating Adam, and how the divine intelligence in the form of the human brain -- something a scientist noticed a few years ago ...
    I think that would be consistent with the view of where man's uniqueness was seated, particularly during the Renaissance. Clever lad, both the painter and the scientist who spotted it. Sort of blows my mind that it was there in plain sight all those years of looking at that painting.

Thanks Mr. Pete. Good conversation point. I'm sure it will shock some people I know as much as it did me here. All those DaVinci Code buffs will doubtless be pleased at how certain 'in-crowd' subtleties get layered into paintings.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream