ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Duchess

The Duchess

My version of the Duchess of Cambridge.
    Geoff
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	katie4.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	462.4 KB 
ID:	73977  
    Last edited by limey-g; 03-12-2013 at 05:10 AM.

Nice stuff, Limey-G. Never a doubt what your models look like. Would imagine this to be a good likeness though I am not familiar with this lady.

When doing a head, I personally err on the side of making the pupils of the eye as dark as the darkest black in the pic. I may not be judging that color well, but it looks like they're a shade light to me. The placement of the shapes is perfect tho.

Love your detail as ever. Elegant pose. I'm quite sure she would be flattered with this pic. Love it. That earring rocks!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Nice stuff, Limey-G. Never a doubt what your models look like. Would imagine this to be a good likeness though I am not familiar with this lady.

When doing a head, I personally err on the side of making the pupils of the eye as dark as the darkest black in the pic. I may not be judging that color well, but it looks like they're a shade light to me. The placement of the shapes is perfect tho.

Love your detail as ever. Elegant pose. I'm quite sure she would be flattered with this pic. Love it. That earring rocks!
    Thanks D Akey, I think I agree with you on the eyes being a little too light, when I did them I kind of did them a little too dark and this morning I decided to lighten them just a little, unfortunately I work by a window and there was quite a bit of sunshine coming into the room which seems to have clouded my judgment hence they are now just a little too light.
    Oh well, these things happen.
    Thanks Geoff

A really terrific painting Geoff. You are so good at doing people, and such a recognisable one is even harder. The eyes don't trouble me too much at all, and only a minor adjustment maybe.

She's lovely. :cool;

Quote Originally Posted by copespeak View Post
    A really terrific painting Geoff. You are so good at doing people, and such a recognisable one is even harder. The eyes don't trouble me too much at all, and only a minor adjustment maybe.

She's lovely. :cool;
    Thanks Robyn appreciate your kind words, hope the dogs are getting on fine.
    Geoff

The next queen ? great work on her Geoff, perhaps a bit more shape to her cheekbones ?

She's so elegant and have such a lovely pleasant smiling. Great portrait painting

Quote Originally Posted by justjean View Post
    The next queen ? great work on her Geoff, perhaps a bit more shape to her cheekbones ?
    Thanks Jean appreciate your thoughts, I think it maybe needs a little more colour on her right cheek, It is always so difficult to work on a face that you know and it is surprising how just the slight lack of colour can affect the likeness. You would not believe how many times a layer has been cleared and started over because I did not like the direction it was going.
    Regards Geoff

Quote Originally Posted by pai View Post
    She's so elegant and have such a lovely pleasant smiling. Great portrait painting
    Thank you pay appreciate your kind words, I have been admiring some of your work, it is fantastic.
    Regards Geoff

I love this portrait limey-g. A very good likeness and very well painted. Excellent.