ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It would be nice to have a palette

It would be nice to have a palette

Painters use palettes for mixing. ArtRage does not appear to have a palette. Looks like you mix colors on the painting itself. Kind of a turn off.

Scraps can be used as mixing palettes. (version 4x only)

From the reference panel select New Scrap
    With the paint tube lay down your pigment colours.
    Use a palette knife blender (settings are in image) to scrape out a bit of colour from the tube blobs and mix.
    Use the eyedropper to select paint colour alt (win), option (mac)
    Sample mixed colours and use the paintube to 'create' more paint if its getting thin.
    eg/ I could sample the watermelon pink mix and then squeeze out a large amount with the tube to mix down with other colours.

All the artrage tools work in this window so you can use your preferred paint mixing method.
    Scraps can be resized as necessary (great for a large palette on a second monitor), or you can just use the pan feature to move to a clean bit of palette, or even zoom in and out.
    You can create as many scraps for palettes as you need.
    Eg/ one for skin tones, one for skies etc
    Use the visibility icon on the reference panel to hide/show palette scraps as you work.

Scraps are great for quick thumbnails too.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Juz; 03-11-2013 at 12:06 AM.
    "I paint because I love to cut mats" (Arthur Alexander)

Thank You for the tips. I will check it out.

Question Invisible cursor over Scrap Window

I have AR 4 Demo version. If I'll put cursor over the scrap I can not see cursor. Why?

The precise cursor might be there and hard to see - If you select the oil brush and set its size to around 50% does the same cursor that appears on the canvas show up in the scrap? If not, get in touch with us at support@artrage.com and we can look in to it for you.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Scrap problem

A larger cursor does not solve this problem. It is invisible over the scrap. I enclose a picture illustrations
    Last edited by petrnita; 03-24-2013 at 09:49 PM.

Thanks for the info. Looks like there's a problem specifically related to cursors over scraps with the demo. We'll get that fixed for the next demo update, sorry for the inconvenience.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

We've just uploaded a replacement demo to our website. If you uninstall the demo via the Windows control panel ( Add/Remove Programs in Windows XP or Programs and Features on Windows 7 / 8 ), then download and install the latest version, you should no longer have this problem. If you are using OS X you won't need to download the latest version, it only affected Windows users.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Thanks very much. Great and quick response.

It would be nice if there was a video showing the mixing options. Does AR have a mixing option similar to Paper 53?

Thanks,
    Bill
    Last edited by BJenkins; 11-15-2013 at 06:09 AM.