ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First artrage painting

First artrage painting

Name:  landscape3.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  40.0 KB
    I discovered artrage a week ago, and I am trying to find my ways with it. This is the second version of my first painting - the first version was just too bad.
    By the way, I am Ulla from Berlin, Germany, and I am very glad to have found this forum here! I hope my English is not too bad.
    Looking forward to your comments & critique!

That is lovely, Ulla. Welcome to the forum. I like your picture very much.
    My personal blog Slices of my life.

Thank you so much, Grayflo!

Welcommen, und goodentag. Glad to have you here. Your Englsih is fine. You will be amazed what you can do with Artrage as you learn.

Welcome!

I love it. Overall it's quite beautiful.

I think by way of criticism I would perhaps not use the same muted green color on the mountaintops and the low mountains and foreground trees, especially when there's snow int he mountain range. It could look this way in the photo, but it's a way for the artist to enhance the feeling of depth to give them a separate character that identifies the groups in unique ways to promote separation and thus depth of your landscape. The variance doesn't have to be vast. But the rule of thumb is that as mountains recede, they have more atmosphere around them and so it takes more of a sky color (and lighter value) as you get more and more atmosphere between the viewer and the thing you're looking at.

But the palette you've chosen is very pleasing and idyllic. Well done!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Welcome

Your Painting has lovely colors and a nice sense of depth.

Welcome Ulla, and it's an excellent painting to begin with. I don't mind bad English at all; it reminds me we are talking to a world wide community, which is very exciting!

Welcome My son was born in Berlin. We lived in Spandau for 2 years. A great city.

Thanks!

Thanks so much everyone for taking the time to look and comment! Your comments are a big movitation for me to keep on practising and learning! Have a wonderful Sunday!

Ulla, great to see you here along with your lovely painting