ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: OC Feyana Madasha

OC Feyana Madasha

Hello friends of ArtRage,

finally I have finished my first portrait of my original character Fyna Madasha.
    It took a while. It is my first drawing with cloth and folds, also the shadowing is new to me.

You can check out my first steps in my deviantart gallery.

Helpfull comments are always welcome.

Yours Sincerely

Devi Salias
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	001_OC_Fey.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	131.5 KB 
ID:	73926  

Looks awesome. She would look good as an action style animation character.

I would suggest that the concentric shadows below the cheekbones and jawline are not serving her beauty in that it reminds me of a lean lady who has had face lifts because of their nature they look like concentric bands of skin rather than a shadow that falls across a different shape. To fix it, I would raise the cheekbone lines or simply let the shadow show the form, and then simplify the shadow under the jaw on the neck to be one flat color and have it conform to the way a shadow would fall across the neck rather than echo the line of the jaw. That's what makes it feel like a flesh form rather than a shadow form.

Hope that makes sense.

But I went to some length to describe a minor point. The overall drawing is fantastic.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thank you.

Hello D Akey,

yes it was really hard for me to finish the part. I redraw it several times.
    I also tried to find an own coloring style, while working on this picture.
    The layered style is due that the color was drawn with an ink pen at 100% opacity like technical pen.
    So hard edges were the price and a smoth gradient was not possible without shadow layer.

I will remember your critic on my next work. I think I will have to rearrange the flesh color palette.
    I am thankfull for your comment.

Yours Sincerely

Devi Salias

She is very stylized and therefore unusual anyway. I would only remove the dark line V down her neck. The rest is great.

She's very well done, I like her!