ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Cannot Change the Base Layer on the Layer Panel

Cannot Change the Base Layer on the Layer Panel

Hi,

I am not sure if this is my problem because not familiar with the AR4. I cannot edit the layer texture on the layer panel of the very first base layer. But I can edit it from right click on the canvas and select "canvas" setting. Is it the case that I can't change it on the Layer Panel ?

First right click the basic layer in the layer panel and select "edit layer texture"
    Name:  Menu1.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  46.4 KB

You will see the next dialog with "use canvas texture" checked
    Name:  Menu2.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  12.2 KB

Uncheck this option
    Name:  Menu3.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  17.2 KB

Click the arrow under the sample brush stroke.
    You will see these three options.
    Name:  Menu4.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  8.0 KB

If you click canvas collection you will see this, but you can also load from disc etc.
    Name:  Menu5.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  38.4 KB

Thanks so much for your clearly instruction, Strandy. Very apprecaited. I did that exactly before I post my problem here. As I did do the same thing but the canvas texture didn't change at all. Am I still missing something here? I will test it again

The layer panel only changes how an individual layer interacts with tools, and is always transparent. The only way to change the physical (virtual) appearance of the canvas, is through the Canvas panel.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Hi Someonesane, thanks so much for explaining to me. I thought I can adjust everything on the layer panel. Will get used to that.